Menu

Singapore Math: US Edition or CA Standards?

tristangrace

We also use the Standards edition. Some topics were rearranged compared to the original US edition in order to meet California state requirements, but this is not really a big deal.

The real advantage to the Standards edition is that there is a relatively inexpensive Home Instructor's Guide (HIG) for it. The US edition only has a very expensive Teacher's Manual.

The HIG has lots of good tips and methods for introducing the concepts. Definitely buy the HIG so that you can present the material in the text book using the Singapore methodology as explained in the HIG.

We also use the Standards edition. Some topics were rearranged compared to the original US edition in order to meet California state requirements, but this is not really a big deal.

The real advantage to the Standards edition is that there is a relatively inexpensive Home Instructor's Guide (HIG) for it. The US edition only has a very expensive Teacher's Manual.

The HIG has lots of good tips and methods for introducing the concepts. Definitely buy the HIG so that you can present the material in the text book using the Singapore methodology as explained in the HIG.

The US Edition does have and HIG and they are inexpensive. I prefer the look of the US edition. I find what I use of the HIG is fine. I have seen comparisons of pages from the two styles of HIG and cpuld not see much difference. Look at the workbooks/textbooks amd get the one you prefer.

T I prefer the look of the US edition.

Look at the workbooks/textbooks amd get the one you prefer.

And the workbook lies flatter. I HATE the spine of the SE. Fight, fight, fight.

I don't use the HIG. I used to get it when I was "stuck" but I found them more hassle and a hindrance, so I don't bother any more.

If you search this forum, you'll find very looooooooong threads on this. This one promises to be short because Spy Car (I think) is banned. :)

If you search this forum, you'll find very looooooooong threads on this. This one promises to be short because Spy Car (I think) is banned. :)

LOL, I'm a little slow - I wonder what he did - hope his penance is short.

OP, here are some threads:

Singapore Math- U.S. vs. Standards Edition

Singapore US edition or US Standards?

Singapore - Standards edition vs US edition

Has anyone switched from Singapore Primary U.S. to the new Standards edition?

Singapore Standards beats out US Ed?

Tell me why you chose SM US ed over SM Standards or vice versa