Menu

Weight Loss Plateau...Cleanse...Detoxification??

Ok, I've lost 40 lbs and would like to keep going but I've hit a plateau...I'm thinking of trying a cleanse or detoxification type thing (maybe Shakeology or The Lemonade Diet) and was wondering if anyone has tried these and can offer feedback...or what other suggestions you might have for getting over the hump and moving that number on the scale :D

Give me your BEST ideas please! I'm already working out 5 times a week :tongue_smilie:

Ok, I've lost 40 lbs and would like to keep going but I've hit a plateau...I'm thinking of trying a cleanse or detoxification type thing (maybe Shakeology or The Lemonade Diet) and was wondering if anyone has tried these and can offer feedback...or what other suggestions you might have for getting over the hump and moving that number on the scale :D

Give me your BEST ideas please! I'm already working out 5 times a week :tongue_smilie:

I vote for taking a break and then starting up a new exercise routine. How close are you to your goal?

I have a feeling (after weigh in this morning) that I may be plateauing with you. It stinks!!

Are you eating the same number of calories every day? Same foods? I would suggest shaking it up a bit and having a least one splurge (not crazy!) day and then a really light day. I think if you eat the same calories every day your body gets used to it and won't lose more.

I will be watching this thread closely!! Great job on the 40 pounds - that's AWESOME!!!

Thank you all for the encouragement! I splurged plenty over the Thanksgiving holiday, but have continued to exercise, even a bit extra, with the goal of maintaining. I don't know how the math works but you know how 2lbs of fudge can translate to 10lbs of weight gain :D. So I was able to at least maintain...but I find it challenging to get back on track and I have been at this same weight for several weeks now...I want to get the loss going again as I still have a good 30 - 35lbs to go to be "close" to the normal weight range and I need to get my mental focus back as well.