Menu

Down to 3 names.. (for a girl)

Which one?  

1. 1. Which one?

• Molly
    • Madison
    • Ella

I have an Ella here. We got in right before it started to pick up a little in popularity. Although, that said we don't know any other little Ella's right now (but I know plenty of Emmas, Hannahs, Isabellas also several Ava and Olivia ). Ella was 62 on the popularity chart when we picked it, and we might not have had we known it was coming around.

I love the name Molly too - very cute. Madison reminds me of Wisconsin because we live in the upper midwest. :D I know a fair number of Madisons in the 10-15 year old age range.

Edited by kck

I picked Ella, but....

Whether you pick Ella or Molly, please treat them as nicknames. Use Eleanor and Margaret and shorten them for your own use. It will give your daughter some personal options in the future. Trust me on this. ;)

NO matter what DO NOT USE MADISON. Way too trendy. It is a nice name, but nope.

Korin (who was nicknamed Kori my whole youth and reclaimed my real name -thank goodness- in high school. SO glad I had the option, or I would have legally changed my name to something not so "cute." My parents are the only ones that are allowed to call me Kori.)

Grace will be the middle name for all of them.

We can't decide and I'm curious what others think :)

I like Ella because there is the sweetest little girl in our church named Ella. I don't think I have ever known a child named Molly, only dogs, many dogs with that name.

Blessings!

I"m partial to "Molly" ;) Specifically " Molly Catherine Linnea"

It's my dd's name, (we call her "Molly Cate" most of the time. I just asked her if she liked her name. "YES!" was her reply.

Know why her name is "Molly?" Because it's not a "*****y" name. You just can't picture a "Molly" being *****y.

No. Seriously. That's why. :D

We both loved the name, though.

astrid

I've always read that "Molly" is a diminutive of "Mary," not "Margaret."

That said, I think it's confusing to name a child one name and then nickname them something that's really a completely different name. Nowadays, I think "Molly" stands on its own more than its used as a nickname.

My Molly is just "Molly," not "Mary."

astrid

I voted for Ella -- we were unable to use it because it does not go well at all with our last name (trust me on this).

We do have a Madison -- and surprisingly, while I have expected that we would bumping into Madison's left and right, we have not. In fact, when I taught in the classroom, I did not have one single Madison in any of my classes, and Madison was always the only Madison in her classes when she was in school.

My Littlest is an Ella so that was my choice. I love that name! My Ella was named after her great-grandmothers (derived from "Novella" and "Emma"). My one concern about the name was that it was too popular, but we don't know any other Ella's and have only met a few casually, like at the playground.