Menu

LaxMom

It is meant for a college class, intro level. I am thinking of using it in 9th or 10th grade. Or, maybe 9th and 10th grade. There is a volume 1 and 2 so it could be used over two years if you took your time. Some might try it earlier, but I have logic materials planned for 7th and 8th grade. It isn't formal logic though.

This looks comprehensive! I recently found another basic Logic course here which also looks useful.

Awesome! Thanks! Logic and Latin are my daughter's favorite subjects, and I am loving anything I can add to the pot.

Thank you!

For those who have used a text such as this, what age(s) would you recommend it for?

We started Intro to Logic (Gensler) over the summer with my 10 year old. I pitched it as a college freshman level, but when I went to look at his syllabus (JCU) it was for a 300 level class... I didn't mention that to her until she got sucked in. :lol:

I asked dh to take a look at it (he's put in years of teaching Intro Logic). His take:

>Teller's a good philosopher, and this is a good undergraduate logic text. I don't know that there's anything that really distinguishes it from a dozen other similar logic textbooks (other than being freely available on the web), but it's a fine book. Probably pretty hard for someone making their first entry into the subject.