Menu

Looking for a Montessori Homeschool Curriculum

BW1426

I have a 5.5 yo DD who I started homeschooling in August. Prior to that she'd been in a Montessori school. So far I have not used a curriculum and just tried to setup a mini Montessori classroom for her, however she is quickly getting bored and I am having trouble keeping up with her thirst for knowledge. I really feel like I need to find a curriculum that will provide me with a little more hand holding through this first year at least.

I have looked online for a Montessori curriculum and the only one I found is the NAMC 3-6 Curriculum. It is really expensive, especially since we'd only be needing to use a small portion of it. I've also looked at the Oak Meadow Waldorf curriculum. That looks interesting to me and I wondered if anyone trying to homeschool in a more Montessori based way has used that curriculum. I would love any feedback if you have.

Does anyone have any other suggestions that I should look into? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have seen Brilliant Minds and I do have almost all of the materials in their kit, however I have not purchased their materials. That could certainly be an idea. Would love to find a curriculum that covered all subjects (well) although I would be happy to put together a few different pieces if that was the better way to go.

Thank you for the links. I did search the forum for Montessori and look through many of the threads that came up before posting. I guess I'm looking for more of a curriculum in a box and it just doesn't really seem that there are any complete Montessori offerings, which makes sense as to why it would be difficult.

:lurk5:

I'm currently trying to figure out what to do once we run out of primary Montessori math (and that's rapidly approaching!). I want to continue with elementary Montessori math, and I haven't found any nice kits yet. I wish I could find a 1st-3rd grade add-on math only kit. That would be perfect...

There are plenty of kits for 3-6 range, but I'm assuming that isn't what you are looking for.

Have you looked at Karen Tyler's online "training?" Her albums are good and she's available for questions via emails. It ends up being a very good price for all those albums, especially if you pay upfront. (You get all the albums right away if you pay the whole course off at the beginning).

Julie

http://theadventuresofbear.blogspot.com