Menu

How do you handle when your kid walks in on you and dh???

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have had a lock on our door forever but sometimes the door wouldn't shut right and the kids could walk right through it. I've always told them if the door is shut stay out but they didn't respect it. Until my daughter walked in a couple years ago when she was about nine. She didn't see anything except that we were extremely close in the bed but we heard her say "ooooooohhhhhKAY!" turn and walk out... She must have told her brother b/c neither one of them have opened our shut door again! We probably don't even need the lock.

my husband has been out of town for a month and was home over Thanksgiving-very happy to see each other and one night right as the whole T party was ending we heard a loud "WOOF!?!" right outside our window-we both turn to look and our huge Great Pyrenees dog was looking in the window at us like :confused:. It was worse than my daughter, I felt like I had to explain to the dog that I was ok! LOL

We have had a lock on our door forever but sometimes the door wouldn't shut right and the kids could walk right through it. I've always told them if the door is shut stay out but they didn't respect it. Until my daughter walked in a couple years ago when she was about nine. She didn't see anything except that we were extremely close in the bed but we heard her say "ooooooohhhhhKAY!" turn and walk out... She must have told her brother b/c neither one of them have opened our shut door again! We probably don't even need the lock.

my husband has been out of town for a month and was home over Thanksgiving-very happy to see each other and one night right as the whole T party was ending we heard a loud "WOOF!?!" right outside our window-we both turn to look and our huge Great Pyrenees dog was looking in the window at us like :confused:. It was worse than my daughter, I felt like I had to explain to the dog that I was ok! LOL

:lol::lol::lol:

OMG. I'm so :lol: at your expense right now. I just keep thinking that it's a good thing you already had a team of therapists in place. I also think if you drink that giant bottle of wine we'll be having this discussion again tomorrow.

Now, to answer your mom's question, we need to formalize the TeA code that another poster mentioned. I mean, Camomile can be the tame, maintenance stuff, but Chai MUST be the karma sutra of teas. What about Tension Tamer???? Or Oolong? African Red Bush of all things?!?!

OMG. I'm so :lol: at your expense right now. I just keep thinking that it's a good thing you already had a team of therapists in place. I also think if you drink that giant bottle of wine we'll be having this discussion again tomorrow.

Now, to answer your mom's question, we need to formalize the TeA code that another poster mentioned. I mean, Camomile can be the tame, maintenance stuff, but Chai MUST be the karma sutra of teas. What about Tension Tamer???? Or Oolong? African Red Bush of all things?!?!

raspberry zinger or lemon zinger.....are they still herbal? :D:auto:

It's not uncommon for this to happen. As mortified as you both are, I would just let it go. There's no reason to make it more than it is. If you make it into something that he should be freaked out about, then he will absolutely freak out even more.

If you make it more of, "Honey, we're married. That's what married folks do for fun--in private, of course! Make sure you knock next time, okay?" and shrug it off, he'll eventually shrug it off to crazy adult behavior.

:iagree:

But also :grouphug:

And :lol: I've laughed so hard I nearly fell out of my chair.

My six year old (with an anxiety disorder) still sleeps in the same room (and sometimes bed) as we do. We're always really careful to make sure she's asleep, but it's always a possibility.

You do know that kids PRETEND to be a sleep right? :tongue_smilie: I will not tell you how I know.

My six year old (with an anxiety disorder) still sleeps in the same room (and sometimes bed) as we do. We're always really careful to make sure she's asleep, but it's always a possibility.

nothing slows down things faster than an infant's two feet sticking up out of a bassinet w/ giggles & coos! W/ our daughter, she's a snorer, we love that, especially since she's still in our room. We're extra careful and make sure she's in a good snore pattern :)

I think it's a great time for learning about the facts of life. To be fair, my kids knew by around 2.5, but my youngest was obsessed with all details of the human body, and it created complications when she told the entire congregation exactly why Jesus's conception was so unusual during a children's sermon. :D

I can *SO* see MissB doing this. :blushing: The only problem is that she would tell ANYONE and it could happen just about ANYWHERE! :ohmy:

omg..can I die again?

So we went to Hobby Lobby and bought TONS of Christmas decorations. I'm trying to get his mind OFF it right????

I got awesome stuff by the way. :)

So I'm standing on a chair sticking stuff into the tree, and ds sits on the steps in the living room and says "you know mom, I'm still having a hard time getting over this morning"

I look at him. Well J, let's talk then.

"Honey, what did you think was happening?"

"errr...ummmm...well, at FIRST I thought you were having a panic attack!!!!"

Me, red face.

Then he says, "and THEN I thought someone must have broken through the window, jumped on you and was attacking you!!!!"

Me, ready to throw up now.

Then he says, "but I guess you and dad were just having a little fun right?"

I said I was not having a panic attack, that no one was breaking in and that what mommy and daddy were doing was very natural and it's a way that moms and dads have fun together and show each other they love each other and that it's just for moms and dads, and that is how not only moms and dads make babies but also all the mommy and daddy animals.

He shrugged, kind of giggled, and said "mom? let's not take this any further ok?" To which I replied "ok honey. how do you like the tree?"

"Tree looks AWESOME mom!!! You're the best Christmas decorator in the whole wide world"

Me: still wants to throw up but I'm sure I'll get over it. :lol::lol::lol:

omg..can I die again?

So we went to Hobby Lobby and bought TONS of Christmas decorations. I'm trying to get his mind OFF it right????

I got awesome stuff by the way. :)

So I'm standing on a chair sticking stuff into the tree, and ds sits on the steps in the living room and says "you know mom, I'm still having a hard time getting over this morning"

I look at him. Well J, let's talk then.

"Honey, what did you think was happening?"

"errr...ummmm...well, at FIRST I thought you were having a panic attack!!!!"

Me, red face.

Then he says, "and THEN I thought someone must have broken through the window, jumped on you and was attacking you!!!!"

Me, ready to throw up now.

Then he says, "but I guess you and dad were just having a little fun right?"

I said I was not having a panic attack, that no one was breaking in and that what mommy and daddy were doing was very natural and it's a way that moms and dads have fun together and show each other they love each other and that it's just for moms and dads, and that is how not only moms and dads make babies but also all the mommy and daddy animals.

He shrugged, kind of giggled, and said "mom? let's not take this any further ok?" To which I replied "ok honey. how do you like the tree?"

"Tree looks AWESOME mom!!! You're the best Christmas decorator in the whole wide world"

Me: still wants to throw up but I'm sure I'll get over it. :lol::lol::lol:

This keeps getting better! :D I think your little boy sounds like a sweetie!!

Well, I started reading your update and was thinking ohno he told the people at Hobby Lobby or started talking about it in the middle of the AISLE (in the only way a child can where they are not at all concerned about others- just REALLY loud-) :lol: so my heart was sinking for you!

Sounds like he is working through it :grouphug:

The things we deal with. I can't wait to hear how your dh comes home. He knew right before he left? I half wonder if mine would come home with an xbox kinect or something.....:lol:..something huge...... He would talk to him but it would be short, sweet, and over a video game :lol:

:lol: I would seriously tease the mess out of dh too. After I killed him.:lol:

Oh my, after your mentioning that he might have a tendency to repeat the story where you least want him to and THEN you were at Hobby Lobby I thought "oh no!" LOL

Sounds like he's been processing it all day even though he keeps saying he wants to be done with it! Goofy kid, it sounds like he just about is done with it and ready to move on. I think he's enjoying having a little secret with you and is mightily intrigued with this new revelation.

I agree with the husband that said it's no big deal and they react to it with the intensity that you do. Like going to the bathroom or any other private thing, yeah it would be best if you had your privacy but it's all natural and normal. Privacy is to protect the observer as much as the observee! :D

Oh my, after your mentioning that he might have a tendency to repeat the story where you least want him to and THEN you were at Hobby Lobby I thought "oh no!" LOL

Sounds like he's been processing it all day even though he keeps saying he wants to be done with it! Goofy kid, it sounds like he just about is done with it and ready to move on. I think he's enjoying having a little secret with you and is mightily intrigued with this new revelation.

I agree. He sounds adorable.

It's not uncommon for this to happen. As mortified as you both are, I would just let it go. There's no reason to make it more than it is. If you make it into something that he should be freaked out about, then he will absolutely freak out even more.

"Honey, we're married. That's what married folks do for fun--in private, of course! Make sure you knock next time, okay?" and shrug it off, he'll eventually shrug it off to crazy adult behavior.

:iagree::iagree:

Yep, laugh it off -- that's what we'd do.

Well, I started reading your update and was thinking ohno he told the people at Hobby Lobby or started talking about it in the middle of the AISLE

I thought he was going to tell the cashier, just as OP originally feared. My heart's still beating fast, worrying about what I was going to read!

OP, your ds sounds extremely bright and matter of fact. He'll get over it. You, well, that's another story.

We used to have a very large walk in closet that came in handy for other things. :D Now, it's turn on the furnace fan, lock the door, throw a pillow against the bottom of the door, turn on the tv, whatever. It's either too quiet or too loud, distracting either way. Dh does not appreciate all of my "security" measures.:lol:

You know what, OP, in a weird way I think that this may lead to one of your son's BEST childhood memories-the fact that his parents really loved and appreciated each other. That will serve as such a GREAT example to him. (No, not like,"my parents really loved me so they brewed teA while I was in the room"......more like,"The love of my parents.....it is like roadkill".) ;)

You know what, OP, in a weird way I think that this may lead to one of your son's BEST childhood memories-the fact that his parents really loved and appreciated each other. That will serve as such a GREAT example to him. (No, not like,"my parents really loved me so they brewed teA while I was in the room"......more like,"The love of my parents.....it is like roadkill".) ;)

Now that's an idea you really need to pitch to the jewelry companies. How many years have they gotten out of that necklace that, to many, looks like a big butt trying to eat a little butt (the one Jane Seymour peddles)? It's time for a new design, and I think Road Kill Love is perfect. Can we have it ready for Valentines Day 2012?

Now that's an idea you really need to pitch to the jewelry companies. How many years have they gotten out of that necklace that, to many, looks like a big butt trying to eat a little butt (the one Jane Seymour peddles)? It's time for a new design, and I think Road Kill Love is perfect. Can we have it ready for Valentines Day 2012?

That was so tender and sweet I have tears in my eyes. You had me at "big butt trying to eat little butt".

:lol: (I've always thought that, too. And if dh EVER tried to tell me that that piece of jewelry symbolized our love he'd be sleepin' on the sofa!)

Would you like a nice pewter squished possum with "Our Love. It is like Road Kill" embossed on it?

"Every Kiss Begins With RoadKill!" :tongue_smilie:

Do you have a link to said necklace? I have to see it. :D

http://www.jewelryrevelations.com/2009/01/17/jane-seymour-open-hearts-diamond-necklace/

My cousin has this symbol tattooed on her wrist. Ugh.

I Double Dog Dare you to sing, "Every kiss begins with road kill" the next time you see her.

There may be a Bacon Rum Raisin Cinnamon Roll with Maple Kahlua Coffee Glaze in it for ya! :tongue_smilie:

I Double Dog Dare you to sing, "Every kiss begins with road kill" the next time you see her.

There may be a Bacon Rum Raisin Cinnamon Roll with Maple Kahlua Coffee Glaze in it for ya! :tongue_smilie:

Ya know, I've been thinking of your new...concoction...all day. And I'm just plain scared of the bacon part. I do not like bacon. Is the bacon flavor really strong?

you know, this has NOTHING to do with my OP, but all this roadkill talk has me thinking of a place in the white mountains here in NH "Roadkill Cafe". Years ago I was in there and was going through the menu looking at entrees and prices, and all of a sudden, one of the things was "Moose balls $2364.00" or something like that. It was hysterical!!!!

Ya know, I've been thinking of your new...concoction...all day. And I'm just plain scared of the bacon part. I do not like bacon. Is the bacon flavor really strong?

Welcome to my ignore list. :glare:

I think that the pairing of bacon with maple is pure perfection, but......

you know what they say, "Either you like bacon....or you are wrong".

I love you in your wrongness. :grouphug:

You may feel free to insert sausage in there instead. I was thinking that tonight as I went back to the fridge and pantry for Round Two.

Under NO circumstances whatsoever is spam permitted. :001_huh:

Welcome to my ignore list. :glare:

I think that the pairing of bacon with maple is pure perfection, but......

you know what they say, "Either you like bacon....or you are wrong".

I love you in your wrongness. :grouphug:

You may feel free to insert sausage in there instead. I was thinking that tonight as I went back to the fridge and pantry for Round Two.

Under NO circumstances whatsoever is spam permitted. :001_huh:

Sausage, for real???? :ack2:

I prefer to keep my sweets with my sweets and the...pig parts...well, not on my plate.

And I just remembered that you pair my beloved Nutella with bacon. EWWWWW!!!!

Oh, why am I even posting? I am on your ignore list anyway. ;)

Sausage, for real???? :ack2:

I prefer to keep my sweets with my sweets and the...pig parts...well, not on my plate.

And I just remembered that you pair my beloved Nutella with bacon. EWWWWW!!!!

Oh, why am I even posting? I am on your ignore list anyway. ;)

You are anti-pork? How did I not know this bout you?

I tried to ignore you, but I just couldn't pull that trigger.

Go hug a pig. Don't be hatin'. :tongue_smilie:

You are anti-pork? How did I not know this bout you?

I tried to ignore you, but I just couldn't pull that trigger.

Go hug a pig. Don't be hatin'. :tongue_smilie:

Not a fan of pork. Never have been.

I love piggies. Just not on my plate. :D

you know, this has NOTHING to do with my OP, but all this roadkill talk has me thinking of a place in the white mountains here in NH "Roadkill Cafe". Years ago I was in there and was going through the menu looking at entrees and prices, and all of a sudden, one of the things was "Moose balls $2364.00" or something like that. It was hysterical!!!!

They have one in AZ too (My son snapped this pic while we were on vacation. Check out the name by the window. Cute.):

DSC_0513.JPG

That awesome kid is going to embarrass you SO BADLY in your old age repeating this story over and over to all the relatives and friends. He'll pretend like you scarred him for life.

:lol:

Naw, I don't think he'll wait that long. He's 10 now so he could be posting it on facebook in just a few years.

Naw, I don't think he'll wait that long. He's 10 now so he could be posting it on facebook in just a few years.

Not if I have anything to say about it!

Hubby and I talked a bit tonight. His only concern is our ds's lack of a 'filter' about what is and is not appropriate to talk about and when. So like myself, we're a little worried he'll randomly tell some stranger. Will just have to pray for the best.

He is just a sweetie.

Apparantly dh did not really talk to him tonight. I think I had a good enough talk with him earlier today and if he does have questions, I'll answer them.

" )

My brother lives in Kingman. I'd love to get back to AZ someday. We were only there a week. It was hardly enough time to see anything other than Grand Canyon--and barely that.

(I'd apologize for hi-jacking this thread, but since the conversation sort of evolved long ago, that's old news by now. :tongue_smilie:)

:lol::lol::lol: Laughing so hard I'm crying here...

Do you mean that you actually have s3x with your 6 year old in the room? :001_huh:

Man, I don't think I'd be able to handle that. :001_unsure:

So excited for a teA thread, and this one has had me cracking up, but roadkill and pork? usually they dissolve to Johnny Depp and Kilts by this point.

Thanks for the laughs ladies, good as always:lol::lol::lol:

Julie, it sounds like you really are on top of it.

I have also always hated that Jane Seymore necklace, I never realized why, but bigg butt eating small butt really sums it up well:D

anything else....

oh, my sister got me chocolate with bacon 2 years ago (sorry, but it was gross) so I got her bacon fudge this year:tongue_smilie:

So excited for a teA thread, and this one has had me cracking up, but roadkill and pork? usually they dissolve to Johnny Depp and Kilts by this point.

Thanks for the laughs ladies, good as always:lol::lol::lol:

Julie, it sounds like you really are on top of it.

I have also always hated that Jane Seymore necklace, I never realized why, but bigg butt eating small butt really sums it up well:D

anything else....

oh, my sister got me chocolate with bacon 2 years ago (sorry, but it was gross) so I got her bacon fudge this year:tongue_smilie:

I've always hated that necklace too!!!! I can't believe Kay Jewelers likes it. Oh..and those stupid videos of her standing there in a luscious art studio drawing the dumb thing.

IT IS NOT AN "OPEN HEART".

An "open heart" , IMHO, is a gold heart outline that just hangs from a chain. See now, I think I should go draw one and make millions of dollars.

Maybe if I design one and go to Jared with a pitch about how it evolved from me posting on a public message board about my son walking in on me during a teA party.

"Cuz if your bedroom door is open, love will always find it's way in...and your kids may too so ya better be more careful!"