Menu

Every buy pre-owned games from GameStop?

All the time, it's our preference as a matter of fact.

First, there's no risk...if they don't work for some reason, GameStop won't hestitate to refund/replace.

Second, there's a 7 day return window, you don't get that on new games. Just don't like the game? No problem, return it in 7 days, get a different one. As a matter of fact, my oldest DS has a habit of "beating games" rather quickly, and has taken games back within that 7 days that he had just beaten (ie completed all missions). No questions asked.

Third, the pricing is better, and with the Gamestop card, you get an even better deal.

Awesome place, great deals.

We've tried games in the car, after walking out of the place....didn't work or didn't like it: returned. Great, happy, helpful young people work at all the ones in our area. They adhere to the rule about ages they can buy requiring parental permission. Every time I've asked about details of a rating, wanting exact reasons for the rating, I've gotten knowlegeable and experienced answers, no guesses.

My kids trade their games in all the time and we have never had a problem with any. Hope that helps...they enjoy rotating games and I can't afford to always buy new so it works for us.

:iagree: I usually make ds save his allowance to get new games. He trades in any old ones he's tired of to offset the cost.

My 13yods has traded and bought used games at Gamestop for four years. He's never had a problem with used games.

One more plug for Gamestop that's not yet been mentioned. I have always been so very impressed with how the staff treat these younger teens/preteens. They take them seriously, treat them with so much respect and kindness. Their customer service tops any store. It gave my ds a lot of confidence to buy things anywhere, to approach any clerk, because of how kind the Gamestop staff has been.

Just a great experience all the way around.

We buy used all the time, in fact we prefer it because they usually have good deals on used games. This past weekend it was buy two get one free. Plus with a store card (not sure what it's called) you get a 10% discount on used games. Also for an extra $3 you can get a year warranty on the game.

We also have had no problems with the used games. As another poster said, they have a return policy for used games where you use the game and return it in 7 days if you don't like it or even beat it. I would check though, with the Christmas season, I think used games have an extended return policy, something like January 3rd.

I agree with the previous posters, Gamestop is definitely costumer friendly. Just the other day one of the salesman saved me money because he remembered I had a specific controller and only needed an add on instead of an entire new controller. They also have steered me away from games they thought we would not like. They make you feel like you care as a costumer.

We've had a couple (out of many!) older handheld games that didn't work right, and GS was great about switching them out. Ds usually takes his machine and tests them out right away. If I were giving them Christmas morning, I would sneak the kid's machine and test the games. GS is great about switching them, but they aren't open on Christmas morning. That could lead to some disappointment if the game is a big part of the gift.

we buy used all the time. Unless it's within a few $ of new then we just get new for better trade in when we want to do that.

I had a problem once and they gladly returned it but if giving as a gift I would probably want to have it checked right away. They have a statement in their policy about the right to refuse any return. So don't give a gift and expect a refund if it doesn't work in a month. They may or may not be helpful. We went back the next day. And it was obviously broken and didn't work.

They have game systems there, so ask to see it run before buying??

We have more used then new games and are happy with them. The only weird part is people often leave their account info on them. So my dd has always played some pet thing under another person's name. They were pretty far in the game and she doesn't want to start from the beginning :001_huh: You can delete this stuff by the way

First, there's no risk...if they don't work for some reason, GameStop won't hestitate to refund/replace.

Second, there's a 7 day return window, you don't get that on new games. Just don't like the game? No problem, return it in 7 days, get a different one. As a matter of fact, my oldest DS has a habit of "beating games" rather quickly, and has taken games back within that 7 days that he had just beaten (ie completed all missions). No questions asked.

Third, the pricing is better, and with the Gamestop card, you get an even better deal.

My 13yods has traded and bought used games at Gamestop for four years. He's never had a problem with used games.

One more plug for Gamestop that's not yet been mentioned. I have always been so very impressed with how the staff treat these younger teens/preteens. They take them seriously, treat them with so much respect and kindness. Their customer service tops any store. It gave my ds a lot of confidence to buy things anywhere, to approach any clerk, because of how kind the Gamestop staff has been.

Just a great experience all the way around.

:iagree: We rarely shop anywhere else for games. And 99% of the time, we purchase used.

We have had nothing but good experiences at Gamestop. Like everyone has said, the staff is extremly helpful. I just bought a car charger for our trip. I have previously bought them at target but for some reason they fell apart. I asked about Gamestop return policy. They said it is a certain time frame, but if it fell apart outside of that time frame, they would still return it.

My kids trade their games in all the time and we have never had a problem with any. Hope that helps...they enjoy rotating games and I can't afford to always buy new so it works for us.

Same here. No problems and they will exchange or refund if the game doesn't work. All the ones we have purchased have worked.

Another vote for GameStop. :001_smile:

If you're planning on making a purchase soon, be sure to sign up for their Power Up Rewards program, so they can email you coupons and special offers. I don't know if they still do this, but they used to send you a "Buy 2, Get One Free" coupon for used games when you registered for the program -- even if you signed up for the free program and not the $14.99/year option, so it's worth signing up online a day or two before you go to the store.

Here's a link:

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

We are members of the paid rewards program, because we buy a lot of games and there's a 10% discount if you're a "Pro" member. You also get the Game Informer magazine in the mail (but if your kids are little, be sure to preview it first -- my ds is almost 12, and I still don't want him seeing some of the stuff in the magazine that relates to the Rated M games!)

We've purchased a number games there. We had one that didn't work well and they exchanged it with no problem. They do have a number of days limit, but there exchange refund policy is a good thing.

If so, any bad experiences? I'm considering purchasing my boy's a couple used games but wanted some input first.:)

:iagree:Although we don't have the membership card. It is a better deal if you can do it!

:iagree: Dh & I do not buy video games or systems. ER & EK buy their own systems & games, and they frequently shop at GameStop. They've bought quite a few things there, and only once or twice have they had a game that didn't work. GameStop allowed them to return the game and exchange it for another one. When they get tired of a game, they trade it in at GameStop. They rarely buy games anywhere else.