Menu

If you spice up your "TeA" parties

Just wondering if you spice things up a little where/how you hide the evidence from young eyes. Dh and I were talking earlier about getting a few "accessories" but his fear was "what if we die and the kids or someone else finds them?"---well by then we would be dead and not care and it would give everyone a good laugh.

I also need to figure out where/what to buy but that might go beyond this board.

First off, I'm so glad you started a "TeA" thread because things are way too serious! Second, I'd have to buy accessories online because I just can't bring myself to go into an actual store. I don't have any suggestions personally, but I know other people have given good sites on here before. I'm not sure how you would search for that though....I think one is http://www.themarriagebed.com. I'd keep everything hidden in the back of a drawer or somewhere high in the closet where the kids would never look.

Well since I accidentally found my mom's drawer about 2 years back I have no fear of being embarassed about my little stash LOL. The girls have found one(bunny) before and I just told them it belonged to me and not to touch it. They know not to dig in a certain drawer because those are my things.

Well, DH has a back that acts up occasionally. So we got one of those "personal massagers" that is actually really great on his back but also is.....well.... useful for other things :D . I even got it on amazon.com (you can get it from walmart, too) so I didn't get embarrassed. It's a little bulky, but it gets the job(s) done LOL.

So, all the kids see is Dad's back massager that only he is allowed to use :lol:

I can already see that this thread is going to be SO much fun.

I like the idea of having a deal with a close friend, but also giving those left behind a good laugh.

Have you two spoken about what is in your comfort zone? Maybe start off with ma$$age oil, a nice outfit. Sometimes just going away for the night can be a great change. Also, candles and unexpected surprise dates. These things don't leave much evidence, and can be a great start. You never know where teA brewing may go from there.

Danielle

I have a friend who has a locked briefcase under her bed that I am supposed to grab in a similar situation. They co-sleep so the bedroom is fair game for the kids. She said she got one with a push button number lock so they don't have to find a key in the heat of the moment.

The kids were told it was dh's old brief case and just had work documents in it. I think I remember a story where she showed them it just had papers in it, so they wouldn't be curious about it (she either did this or was planning to). LOL

The briefcase was big enough to hold some nighties and toys.

She also said that she was going to put a sticker on it that said the case was to go to me in the even of her death....but she could figure out how to write that without making it sound covert. I think she just put my name on the underside of it instead, so if I had to ask a family member for it, my name would be on it. LOL

Oh, man.....I know way to much about some of my friends lives. LOL

Well, one time, many years ago, my daughter gave me a mother's day gift of ........"mommy lotion" she had found in my room to "gift" me with..........a nice tube of KY......

Those were the days though when the kids weren't older and wiser.

Maybe we could use my dh's gun safe for some extra fun items.......

We have a bag that zips and was made to hold shaving/toiletries when traveling. It's the 'little black bag'. We hid it in the back of the closet when the kids were younger. Now it's in the closest up on a shelf. Dd is old enough to know not to get in things in our closet.

A few years ago, our neighbors went back east to visit family. The husband had forgotten the wife's Christmas gift. He called my dh and asked if he could get it from their house and overnight it to him. He was a bit embarrassed to ask because he had hidden the gift with their toys. :lol: He told dh not to look at the other things in there!

The shelf in the closet is a good hiding place, until it falls over and rolls out, whacking you in the forehead and the kids come running. "Mommy, what happened? Are you hurt? Is this a flashlight?"

:blushing:

:lol::lol::lol:

That is the best laugh I have had in.....ummmmm...forever...I am a very visual thinker. Oh, this would so happen to me.

Sorry you got a bump on the head....oy!!

A few years ago, our neighbors went back east to visit family. The husband had forgotten the wife's Christmas gift. He called my dh and asked if he could get it from their house and overnight it to him. He was a bit embarrassed to ask because he had hidden the gift with their toys. :lol: He told dh not to look at the other things in there!

:lol::lol: I almost spit my tea the screen!

Just wondering if you spice things up a little where/how you hide the evidence from young eyes. Dh and I were talking earlier about getting a few "accessories" but his fear was "what if we die and the kids or someone else finds them?"---well by then we would be dead and not care and it would give everyone a good laugh.

I also need to figure out where/what to buy but that might go beyond this board.

16 gallon dark colored tubbie on the shelf in my closet --

a bigger (dark colored) tubbie on the floor in my closet for my clothing (garder belt and so on -- not the basice night gowns the boys see)

I also have a silk "purse" make up bag (from a dear freind in China) that i carry when travle (hold a small toy for me, and condoms, and a little lube bottle).

Honestly I guess mine are not that old to look, or know if they found something

My best friend and I have an arrangement about cleaning out the bedroom drawers and clearing each others' internet history in the event of our untimely demise.

LOVE IT! LOL

I want to get one of those little trojan massagers.....We have a few lubes that I keep in the bedroom in a box with other medicines-kiddo doesn't get into that...an online friend has hers in a pretty box under the bed and another has a pillow that is hollow or something where she keeps hers......lol :D

We bought a tackle box from Walmart that you can lock.

My bff knows where it is, and she has strict instructions to remove it from my house immediately in the event that Patrick and I die together. If my mom were to find it, the family would be burying three people instead of two. :D

I've had a hankering to get one "those" massage books. But, I'm too chicken to have it sent to my house or check out with it at Barnes and Nobles. I know some people that work at my local B & N and so I'm terrified that on the fateful day, I'll walk up to the register to see so and so's youth pastor's wife ready to complete my purchase or have it sent here and the boys decide that is the time to defy my orders to not open packages! :001_huh: Just haven't been able to get up the guts yet.

I'm such a coward!

Faith

We bought a tackle box from Walmart that you can lock.

My bff knows where it is, and she has strict instructions to remove it from my house immediately in the event that Patrick and I die together. If my mom were to find it, the family would be burying three people instead of two. :D

Oh my word, my mother lives 2 blocks from here and so does my brother. There is just no way that any of my friends could beat them to this house and dispose of it before either of them dies of fright!!!!!!

I wonder just exactly how grossed out dd would be if I put her in charge of the infamous "book" should I ever get up enough gumption to order it? She's a paramedic in the city and well, not much of anything shocks her or grosses her out.......NAH, I'm pretty certain it would still scar her for the rest of her life.

Faith

I like the idea of having a deal with a close friend, but also giving those left behind a good laugh.

Have you two spoken about what is in your comfort zone?

Problem is my best friend now lives in the Artic Circle in remote Alaska so she would have to fly down here quickly to take care of things.

We are slowly branching out and somethings are easy to explain away as they have multiple purposes---like coconut oil is great for cooking (and "brewing").

Just need to figure out where to branch out next and where to get it. An in home or at the store "party" would be OUT OUT OUT, NO WAY IN THIS WORLD. If I order something and it is ready and waiting, that would be a lot better

:lol::lol: When we cleaned out my gma's things :lol::lol: My dad started to laugh so hard he had to sit down. He found their "little black bag." Oh man, he was bright beet red.

My gma was a good knitter and she made custom lingerie for gpa.

My dh, at the time fiancee, was there and he is terrified that this will happen to us someday. Our "little black bag" has a note on the front, "For our eyes only."

DH knows it's only the illusion of control.

Some of the local novelty shops will have a 'couples night' where they have a nice lady from the company out to explain certain products that are good for paired brewing rather than solo.

I've seen this type of thing advertised, but I don't think I could work up the nerve to sit with other people and hear details on how to use different products. :001_huh:

We have a local shop where dh and I have purchased some things. The first time we went, there was a very outgoing and knowledgable sales person. She spent quite a bit of time talking to us and explaining about exotic tea making and what items might help with that. Oh, my! I don't think I've ever tried so hard to keep a straight face. Dh and I did a lot of nodding on that one.

[quote=CalicoKat;3365821My gma was a good knitter and she made custom lingerie for gpa.

Any pictures or directions??? Our church knitting group is always looking for ideas of things to make to bless others..........hmmm, maybe something to bless married couples or as a wedding gift:lol:

I use my bottom nightstand drawer and wrap up things in old nightgowns.

As for what to get, I highly recommend this. The box will say Amazon, and as a bonus, it ships free. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-Magic-Wand/dp/B004M8L8MA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1322602557&sr=8-2

Any pictures or directions??? Our church knitting group is always looking for ideas of things to make to bless others..........hmmm, maybe something to bless married couples or as a wedding gift:lol:

Here you go. Don't use wool. Go for a very soft baby knit. Adjust for size of course. ;)

Well, DH has a back that acts up occasionally. So we got one of those "personal massagers" that is actually really great on his back but also is.....well.... useful for other things :D . I even got it on amazon.com (you can get it from walmart, too) so I didn't get embarrassed. It's a little bulky, but it gets the job(s) done LOL.

So, all the kids see is Dad's back massager that only he is allowed to use :lol:

They now have much a much smaller edition. I think it is about half the size and is still a plug in. They do have battery powered ones for travel but I have heard that they are not as powerful.

Ours are in a plastic bag in the top drawer in the dresser in our closet. I have very frank conversations with my dds. They know about such things and would not be surprised. They know to simply dispose of said plastic bag once it is longer needed. My brother knows as well. As to where to shop, check out Liberator.com . It is a very informative site that not only sells items but describes and explain them as well. There is some nudity but it is not X rated. I would start there. Adam and Eve is also good.

I am of the opinion, if he and I are both dead, my folks can find it -- i'd LOVE his mom to find it, but she is useless and is not about to help clean anything out. LOL

I assume some day, in the distant future, the kids or grandkid will have to deal with our estate -- thoese boxes are gonna make better memories and story for them the boxes and boxes of hunting mangizines!

Hey -- i think it is kinds cool, in the abstract. to think that Grandpa and grandma got it on and had a happy life ... yk? as long as you do not have to see it

course my BFF and I have an agreement I'll my her DD, my Goddughter, her first toy at 15 .... so maybe I look at things differnt. but if we are dead who cares who sees it

OK here's a start. This isn't gma's original, but it is exactly what my dad found.

His comment, "What the ..... oh my."

http://www.creationrobot.com/2006/05/knitting-erotica/

scroll down. The stripped one with the draw string is most precisely what was found. There were in a shoe box in the closet. Links for those of you needing a pattern are there if you dare. :D

Still looking for a picture of the boxer shorts with (ahem) an extra pocket off the front. That was the other item in the shoe box.

OK here's a start. This isn't gma's original, but it is exactly what my dad found.

scroll down. The stripped one with the draw string is most precisely what was found. There were in a shoe box in the closet. Links for those of you needing a pattern are there if you dare. :D

Still looking for a picture of the boxer shorts with (ahem) an extra pocket off the front. That was the other item in the shoe box.

quote from the website

Guys are catered for in some small way, we’re thrown a bone in the form of willie warmers

Wow! Who knew.

I saw a cute license plate KNT HAPPENS. So, now I know why knitting is so popular. ;) My SIL couldn't understand why I just thought that plate was hilarous! Oh well. Maybe I really have a warped sense of humor.

Edited by QuirkyKapers