Menu

Laser tag game that is a TAG game and not a toy-gun-war game?

My children have loved playing laser tag with friends. I am at a loss about what fun toy to get my 11 yo for Christmas (I have sorts gear/books/clothes ideas), so I am tempted to give the two older boys some sort of good-quality laser tag game, something that will last and that lots of people can play with at once.

My problem is this: I want it to be TAG not a war and gun game. Is there such a thing? The gun itself is the problem for me, but I'm all for a good game of chase......

I think they would have fun tagging each other with a laser, as opposed to simply playing tag, which is fun but it doesn't solve my gift-buying dilemma.

Toy guns aren't something my kids play with. So I'm wondering if there is a laser tag game product that isn't shaped like a bazooka. DH has spent the last decade in and out of Afghanistan and Iraq and I don't think it would be too Christmas-y for him to see the children hunting each other with replicas of weapons. And he certainly wouldn't want to join in.

Anyone? I guess this one is a lost cause....

My children have loved playing laser tag with friends. I am at a loss about what fun toy to get my 11 yo for Christmas (I have sorts gear/books/clothes ideas), so I am tempted to give the two older boys some sort of good-quality laser tag game, something that will last and that lots of people can play with at once.

My problem is this: I want it to be TAG not a war and gun game. Is there such a thing? The gun itself is the problem for me, but I'm all for a good game of chase......

I feel for ya. I too think that game of tag is fun and good exercise....but how would you be able to have the laser part of it without it being a gun like object..? If you figure that out I'd love to know.

Surely they could make the game less war like....I don't know.