Menu

TOG was too much

mhaddon

Gosh I love this program, but it was just too much for us :( We did the first 3-4 weeks and we learned a ton and had fun! But the planning and getting to it just wasn't happening :( I look foreward to using it again in the future and thankfuly the money isn't gone, but for now we are using HOD and going light. For a few months we just did IEW PAL and MUS and that was nice, I think we have built up a solid enough foundation again to add in HOD and if not go back to just the basics.

TOG is a lot and it does take some prep work and planning. But we are learning so much and it's so fun. It's just a fun extra around our house with lots of amazing books. I'm hoping that I'll learn the most from it right now so that as my kids are older, I'll feel more confident in teaching history and leading in-depth discussions. This is a post about how I plan for TOG for my littles. This is another planning post and here you can see some of our TOG weeks.

It sounds like you have a good plan working for you right now though. Maybe one day you can come back to TOG and find that it's just what you need. If not, then you've still learned a lot! Isn't it nice to have options??? :D

I tnk I would have been fine if my youngest was older and more independent. Doing anything with her awake right now is pure torture. I've tried everything and we are just trying to make it through the year lol. 18 months is by far very difficult!!

We tried a unit of year 2 two years ago and it wasn't right for us at the time, but I got a feel for it and am glad we tried it. It was overkill for LG/UG for us at the time. Though I was going to try the self-education part, that just didn't happen!

I'm pretty sure right now I'm going back to it with a D level next year, starting back for our second history cycle in year 1. We did one complete cycle, and I feel for the second cycle I'm ready to delve deeper. TOG seems good for that!