Menu

Could LIFEPAC actually have decent LA?

Mrs. Lilac

I've been on the hunt for an all-in-one LA.....today I happened into the homeschool section of a bookstore and was leafing through the LIFEPAC Language Arts for 6th grade. I was kind of impressed! I've always heard LIFEPACs are awful, dry, boring, too easy, etc.....but this truly seemed to be an all-in-one writing/grammar/spelling/vocab and it looked like it was rigorous enough.

Am I imagining things? Has anyone used their LA? I'm feeling kinda excited but don't wanna get my hopes up too much yet. :tongue_smilie:

I am also considering these for next year (6th grade) because ds is a bit overwhelmed by my current blend of resources (BJU English, HOD Preparing guide Poetry study, Pathway Working with Words vocab, Dictation Day by Day, Handwriting practice from Currclick). I did think some of it looked like busywork, but I suppose I can have him skip parts if I find it ridiculous. One thing I wanted to address next year was a formal reading comprehension program and this appeared to fit the bill. I just want ds to have practice with some "traditional" style comprehension questions and written responses.

(As always read my responses with the thought that our school is eclectic rather than classical in nature).

DS likes the LA because it is in workbook form and colorful. I like it because it seems to be a good all in one. I do not have to worry about all the LA components getting done. I know a lot of people do not like the Life Pacs but they seem to fit DS's learning style great. DS thrives on workbooks. The only thing I do not like so far is the fact that it is not well organized. It jumps around from topic to topic a lot. It doesn't seem to bother DS though.