Menu

Lego games like Creationary and Minotaurus

I think the average-above average 5 year old could handle Creationary. My current 5 y.o. has played it for a while. (He is a Lego-lover, so there was some motivation.) Don't know about the other game.

:iagree: My youngest was 4 when Creationary came out, and he has always loved it, but we don't have the other game.

The Minotaurus game lasts FOREVER. It's like Sorry, where you can send people back to home and they have to start all over again. It drives me nuts.

My 6 yo plays it occasionally with his older brother, but they never seem to want to play it without me. And I never want to play it at all. So it just sits there.

YMMV.

The Minotaurus game lasts FOREVER. It's like Sorry, where you can send people back to home and they have to start all over again. It drives me nuts.

My 6 yo plays it occasionally with his older brother, but they never seem to want to play it without me. And I never want to play it at all. So it just sits there.

YMMV.

Ahhhhhhhh. Yes. This. :glare:

I've had to edit the game and make it so you only have to get your first guy to the center to win instead of all 3. :tongue_smilie:

It can truly take forever and I have no tolerance for it. From an adult perspective, it's pretty boring but my 5yo likes it. So, I coerce his siblings into playing with him as I tend to be busy with other things at that time. ;)

Even my 3yo can play it so it's not a difficult game. :)

Would they be too complicated for a 5 year old? I would really like to buy great batch of legos for my girls to start using... Up to now we really haven't spent much time with them-- except the larger blocks.

Are you wanting them to start building and designing their own things from a bunch of Legos? The games are great and ds has quite a few, but we build the board and then leave it together so we don't have to hunt down the pieces to build it and play again. This site will show demos of how to play the Lego games and has them categorized by ages.

My ds is 8.5, and I think all the games he has might be too much for a 5 year old.