Menu

Best/Favorite Educational Apps for an Iphone?

My brother's girlfriend just upgraded to the iphone4 so she gave us her iphone3 for the children to use. We've never allowed video games of any sort in the house so their only experience is playing Angry Birds a time or two on someone's phone or with starfall on our netbook. I have absolutely no idea where to start.

So, hive- what are your favorite iphone apps for the 8 and under crowd? (my 3 older kids are almost 8yo, almost 7yo and 4yo).

Search for "educational apps" and see what you find. There have been many previous threads, and people often don't like to keep repeating themselves.

Sometimes developers will offer a "lite" free version with ads and/or limited content, so you can try before you buy. We really like:

Older kids:

Stack the States

BrainPop

Bookworm

Younger:

ABC PocketPhonics

Park Math

Monkey Preschool Lunchbox

Monkey Sunshine Math

Edited by ondreeuh

Search for "educational apps" and see what you find. There have been many previous threads, and people often don't like to keep repeating themselves.

Sometimes developers will offer a "lite" free version with ads and/or limited content, so you can try before you buy. We really like:

Older kids:

Stack the States

BrainPop

Bookworm

Younger:

ABC PocketPhonics

Park Math

Monkey Preschool Lunchbox

Monkey Sunshine Math

Thank you- I did try a search but didn't find much- but I didn't use that term so that is probably the reason. I'll try that- thanks.