Menu

Black Friday

No idea, but the news we heard in Australia was that there were practically rites in U.S on opening of black Friday shopping, with people using pepper spray to clear the isles so they could snap up the bargains and gun battles over electronics.

One lady used pepper spray. One man fired a shot. Horribly true, yes, but please don't think it was as horrendous as all that throughout the US. Black Friday in my community was very well organized and, while hectic, we seemed able to get through it with our sense of humor intact.

It rained in the early hours of this morning, and many of us in line poked fun at our collective idiocy at standing out in the rain for some bargains. :tongue_smilie:The biggest problem I encountered was "traffic jams" in the aisles from too many carts. I didn't see any more or less rude behavior than I typically see when out shopping.

I'm not a Black Friday-er....but I did venture out to Barnes and Noble at around 5pm because I couldn't resist their 50% off all educational games and toys deal. If there are Legos and Playmobil for 50% off, you can bet I'll be there, lol.

Going out a little later was fine..traffic was good, the store wasn't terribly crowded and there was no wait at the check-out :).

One lady used pepper spray. One man fired a shot. Horribly true, yes, but please don't think it was as horrendous as all that throughout the US. Black Friday in my community was very well organized and, while hectic, we seemed able to get through it with our sense of humor intact.

It rained in the early hours of this morning, and many of us in line poked fun at our collective idiocy at standing out in the rain for some bargains. :tongue_smilie:The biggest problem I encountered was "traffic jams" in the aisles from too many carts. I didn't see any more or less rude behavior than I typically see when out shopping.

Thanks for clarifying.

The news here gave the impression that it was widespread across U.S.A

Things weren't bad when we went out, but we didn't leave the house until about 12:45. I dropped my 18yo off at Best Buy and went to the park with my other kids. My 18yo was shocked at the length of the line at Best Buy, but it moved very fast. She was actually checked out within 20 minutes. The line just looked really long because it was one feeder line for about 10 cash registers.

We all went to the mall about 3:30 and while it was crowded, it wasn't anything more than just crowded.

We weren't out during the real Black Friday shopping times.