Menu

If you are a runner

* A water pack, or waterbottle with a holder (I have one that belts around my waist, with the bottle at the small of my back, and it is invaluable for long runs)

* Really good quality running socks.

* iTunes gift card (if he runs with an MP3 player)

• Subscription to a running magazine
  • Have his winter running shoes "screwed" at a local running store for winter running (if you live in a snowy, icy place)
  • If he's a distance runner, gift cards for "Goo" and accessories from running store (or stock a box full of his faves)
  • Running shirt that has removable sleeves
  • If he's a trail runner, lots of black running socks (took me a few years to figure this one out :001_huh:)

Gloves (the light weight, quick dry kind)

iTunes gift card

dry fit long sleeved shirts for layering

diaper cream, if he runs distance and has been running long he'll know why

lots of chap stick

Fleet Feet has rollers for massaging sore muscles. Someday I plan to buy one for myself. It is a great gift!

Runner's World subscription

Gloves (the light weight, quick dry kind)

iTunes gift card

dry fit long sleeved shirts for layering

diaper cream, if he runs distance and has been running long he'll know why

lots of chap stick

Fleet Feet has rollers for massaging sore muscles. Someday I plan to buy one for myself. It is a great gift!

Runner's World subscription

Rather than diaper cream how about a tube of Glide? It looks like a tube of deodorant and goes on clear.

Rather than diaper cream how about a tube of Glide? It looks like a tube of deodorant and goes on clear.

Glide is great stuff. I use it even for walks when I am wearing a sport skirt. Dh puts it all over his feet for long runs (long for him=longer than 15 miles), it helps prevent blisters.

What would make a good Chritmas gift for a 21 yo boy who runs year round? Thanks!

Being a boy I'm not sure this would work, but I always enjoy new running shirts. The tech ones. DH rides his bike an hour a day and wears out bike shorts so that we need to buy him new ones each birthday (July) and Christmas. They run $50 each.

DH has bought me shirts, shorts, socks and a jacket for running in the past. Not all the same year. It all wears out so it's all useful.

It's petroleum based and just doesn't last as long. We like http://www.blairex.com/BLButtPaste.php

Boudreaux's Butt Paste is zinc oxide based, it's white but where I'm putting it, no one's going to see, it lasts through a marathon, and no talc.

I think Glide is great if it works for you, it just didn't work as well as diaper cream for us. I have a lot of chaffing around my bra area and under my arms when it is really hot or when I am running long distances more than once a week.