Menu

How can I make my 10th wedding anniversary (next week) special at home?

I'm pretty bummed that we'lll be spending another wedding anniversary not being able to get out just us for even just a couple of hours (no sitter). This is our 10th anniversary, so I want to make it special. Okay, so don't laugh and remember I have four children who will be at home, too. I thought of decorating our home with a bunch of wedding decor from the dollar store...they actually have some cute stuff...at least for a cheesy anniversary party? :lol::lol: Having all of us dress up for a nice dinner, maybe do some dancing and "wedding" cake afterwards? Put the kids to bed early...??? I don't know. I'm kind of out of ideas and it's taken some time to just come up with the above...have I mentioned we've spent most of our anniversaries with kids in tow! Def. open to ideas...

you don't have anyone to watch them for a couple of hours?

anyway, we did some low budget anniversaries.

on out 20th. I did something for 20 days leading up to the anniversary. My dh loved it. It was the unexpected fun that was great. I did a variety of things that were cheap/free.

It was the platinum wedding which is $$$$ so I found a way to make it part of the deal. I bought a music album that had gone platinum. and then I did things in 20s, so 20 cut flowers, I copied 20 I love yous in various languages, that is still on his office wall. Some things were just special to us as memories through out the years.

Would it be possible to have a date at home? Have them help you decorate the table for you and your husband, make cards for you, etc. Fix them a pizza and put them in front of the tv to watch a fun Christmas movie and then fix a special meal for just you and your husband. Tell the children it is your special date, and tell them only to come in if there is blood!

Don't forget to have your wedding photo album out all day and tell the story of your special day to your kids. If you have a video of the wedding watch it.

We love reminiscing for our anniversary celebrations! Also if you have any love letters, dig those out and read them to each other. They always give u a good laugh and sometimes a good cry. Or spend time telling each other when you first knew he/she was "the one", or etc.

Happy Anniversary and hope it's a memorable day!

We usually go out, but we've certainly had homebound date nights.

We just have a regular evening, and then eat something special after the kids are in bed. Our favs are fondue (3 course fondue--cheese, oil and chocolate) and shrimp creole. (ETA I should add--not on the same night! lol)We start the prep while they are still awake (I should use past tense, as ds20 is usually still up when we have a date here).

One year, my husband made a slide show of our wedding pics and some earlier pics--that was back before video was popular. He put it to music, too--so sweet of him. You could show your wedding video.

Personally, I wouldn't involve the kids in the dinner.

We had plenty of anniversaries that were celebrated eating at kid-friendly pizza places or at home when our older kiddos were little. For our at-home celebrations, we would have something a little special for dinner (maybe steak) with side dishes that the kids liked. Then an early bedtime for all kids while DH and I watched a movie. It was quite nice.

I think your idea sounds awesome! Seriously, I might have to steal it for myself. How cute to have a little wedding with your kids invited. You can just put them to bed before the honeymoon...

Do you still have anything from your wedding that you could use, like dress, veil, bouquet, etc? How about dressing everybody up and doing a little ceremony? You and dh could renew some vows. Maybe kiddos could recite a poem or something?