Menu

How do I make DH's Christmas nice?

What do you buy for DH when money is tight and he gives you no hints or suggestions? While we probably won't have the money for the adults to exchange gifts, I know the older two kids would like to pick out something.

He has no hobbies. He spends his time on his laptop, on his tablet, or watching Netflix. Technology is a bad gift choice because of cost and, being in the business, he has a better idea of what he wants/needs than we could even hope to guess.

What do you buy for DH when money is tight and he gives you no hints or suggestions? While we probably won't have the money for the adults to exchange gifts, I know the older two kids would like to pick out something.

He has no hobbies. He spends his time on his laptop, on his tablet, or watching Netflix. Technology is a bad gift choice because of cost and, being in the business, he has a better idea of what he wants/needs than we could even hope to guess.

DH loves a special box of candy or a tin of butter cookies or a big bag of Swedish fish that are his, all his, no share-sies...

He loves a new deck of cards (think playing cards with Star Trek or Snoopy or whatever on them) or a set of dice, but that's because he is a (old school) gamer.

He also likes goofy USB/flash drives like these: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dtoys-and-games&field-keywords=character+flash+drives

A few years ago the kids and I made my DH a joy jar. I got a simple glass jar and had the kids decorate it then cut strips of construction paper and the kids and I wrote things we loved about him on the papers. I also included "coupons" for things like free nap, back massage, dinner of his choosing etc. We put 365 strips of paper and he pulled one out every day. He loved it, it was the best gift he got that year! The best part is it cost less than $5.

My hubby is getting socks - cycling socks - because he now rides more often than he does laundry. We really don't exchange adult gifts unless someone finds something perfect for someone else.

My favorite gift from last year was a really sharp vegetable peeler that my brother got me - because he was staying at my house and my dull ones were driving him crazy. A small gift that is well-planned goes a long way to making someone feel special.

Are his favorite jammies getting a little thin? Is his head cold? Is his best kitchen knife dull? Does he have a favorite treat?