Menu

Really?

Somebody just asked what I needed help with, I told them. They are now snoring. :glare:

I was really glad they offered as I do need to finish some things up before dinner at 5. Off to do the task myself. Anybody ever feel like the little red hen!

And my brother is somehow showing up at my house despite never talking to me and telling me he was coming. I found out 2 hours ago via my parents who were invited. One word about brown rice stuffing/dressing instead of the traditional stuff and he is toast. My house, my menu.

Edited by jennsmile
typo

No, no, no. Do not do it yourself. Tap them on the shoulder, clear your throat, smile politely, and say, "Sorry to wake you, but do you think you could do X now, I really need to get X, Y and Z done before ____ 0'clock. Thanks!!"

As for the brother, "Hello, brother, nice to see you! Brown rice stuffing? Ha ha, no, not on Thanksgiving! Why don't you go in and play with the kids for a little while...."

Somebody just asked what I needed help with, I told them. They are now snoring. :glare:

I was really glad they offered as I do need to finish some things up before dinner at 5. Off to do the task myself. Anybody ever feel like the little red hen!

And my brother is somehow showing up at my house despite never talking to me and telling me he was coming. I found out 2 hours ago via my parents who were invited. One word about brown rice stuffing/dressing instead of the traditional stuff and he is toast. My house, my menu.

No. I refuse to stress myself out trying to get it all done or properly delegated. I employed the same policy for my wedding: if it caused me stress, it was off the list. Luckily, my intended kept to his best behaviour so he could make the cut. :D

Well, we are supposed to be somewhere in 15 minutes, and my husband just got in the shower. I've been cooking all morning... And the best part is that he will blame me for us being late. :angry:

Ok... done venting. Putting my cheery pants back on. ;)

That's when you say "Yeah, right. I was ready on time with the food!" With a smile and a head shake to show just how silly he's being.

SOMEONE is my house was responsible for the turkey and biscuts.

Well, the turkey juices are still on the bottom of the oven and I refuse to bake any pies until it is cleaned up and the biscuts came out of the oven 1 and 1/2 hours after we all ate.

now, I'LL put on my big girl pants, too and play on FB until the oven is cleaned up.

Robin

Well, we are supposed to be somewhere in 15 minutes, and my husband just got in the shower. I've been cooking all morning... And the best part is that he will blame me for us being late. :angry:

:lol: This post reminded me of my father. If my mom says we have to be at such and such a place at 6pm, at 5:59pm he will step into the shower. Now she tells him they have to be at what ever place 30-45 minutes before they need to be to ensure he will be ready and on the the road at the right time. He is not ever ever late for work but everything else he figures time is negotiable.

Three years ago, Thanksgiving was the last day I saw my mom. She died very young with a very unexpected heart attack 5 days later. The last two years have been hard, but we were with other family and it was okay. This year everyone had something else going on so it was just dh, the kids, and I.

I always hosted Thanksgiving at my house for the entire family, but mom always showed up the night before or very early that morning and started the food. Sis and I were helpers. Today was my first experience with making a turkey and the dressing. I cried the whole time. Add to that the fact that dh and the kids all sat on their behinds or argued and the day has just STUNK!

Three years ago, Thanksgiving was the last day I saw my mom. She died very young with a very unexpected heart attack 5 days later. The last two years have been hard, but we were with other family and it was okay. This year everyone had something else going on so it was just dh, the kids, and I.

I always hosted Thanksgiving at my house for the entire family, but mom always showed up the night before or very early that morning and started the food. Sis and I were helpers. Today was my first experience with making a turkey and the dressing. I cried the whole time. Add to that the fact that dh and the kids all sat on their behinds or argued and the day has just STUNK!

:grouphug: I'm sorry, that is so hard.

SOMEONE is my house was responsible for the turkey and biscuts.

Well, the turkey juices are still on the bottom of the oven and I refuse to bake any pies until it is cleaned up and the biscuts came out of the oven 1 and 1/2 hours after we all ate.

now, I'LL put on my big girl pants, too and play on FB until the oven is cleaned up.

Robin

He is cleaning the oven now... after wondering where the pie was.

robin

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I would SO be sitting in the car with the food when he got out of the shower.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Sounds like you need to get your helpers helping. My 9yo made the green bean casserole and was so excited to help and made sure grandma and grandpa knew HE made it.

The last time I talked face to face with a brother was on thanksgiving break 5 years ago. Perhaps that is why I am grumpy...I miss him.

My BIL showed up with no requirements other than "try to get here 1/2 hour early to help make the gravy", which he complained about being too difficult (the showing up early). He actually DID COME early (which was a huge surprise - I honestly didn't think he would) - but he was so apathetic about preparing the gravy that I had my friend do it instead. He then went on to criticize the green bean casserole ("does anyone actually EAT that stuff? It's disgusting! Oh, people asked for it special? Yuck - they can eat it all!"). Later, in the thick of getting things put out on the buffet table and organized, I hear him across the aisle from the kitchen commenting on how great it is that he can just stand there drinking beer and not having to do anything to help. REALLY????

We had a wonderful day, though, all that aside!! (Fairly normal for him, so not really that big a deal - rolleyes)