Menu

Star Wars movies - what age

My kids have all seen them except the last half or so of the 3rd where Anikan fights Obi Wan and then becomes Vader. My oldest was 9 when she saw her first SW movie, but she is my sensitive child. My boys were 5 and 6 when they started watching them, and all they kept saying was cool. :lol:

I think it all depends on the child. DS 8 has seen them all but the 3rd one, Revenge of the Sith. (too dark) He started watching them when he was 6. There were a couple of parts that we fast forwarded through at first. I think there is only one part on the 2nd movie, Attack of the Clones that we still skip. He is a HUGE Star Wars fan.

*flame-resistant jacket on* my 4y/o has seen A New Hope - the 1st/4th one. He only paid attention to the 'cool' parts... but we're not very strict on this issue... :leaving:

My 4 year olds (at the time) very much enjoyed Monty Python and the Holy Grail. They played Black Knight for months. (from the living room: clack-clack-clack "You arm is off!" "No it's not! It's just a flesh wound! Is that all you've got? buck-buck-buck..." Sigh. Good times)

*flame-resistant jacket on* my 4y/o has seen A New Hope - the 1st/4th one. He only paid attention to the 'cool' parts... but we're not very strict on this issue... :leaving:

My oldest (a boy) saw episode 4-6 at this age. And the other 3 not long after. He was/is a HUGE fan. My 7 year old daughter still isn't really interested in watching them.

LOL - both my kids have seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail though. :D

It really depends on your kids. My kids have had no problem with these types of movies (they've seen all of Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, my son has watched Lord of the Rings, etc).

Big SW fans here. My 7.5 y/o has watched them all, except the end of Revenge of the Sith (#3). He's been told what happens, but not watched it. He also likes the new Clone Wars animated series, but we now screen them before he watches. The newer ones (starting last season) have become darker. We have the first season and he watches them quite a bit.