Menu

Brazil Butt Lift question re: ankle weights

So, I have been doing this for awhile as part of my exercise regimen. I do Bum Bum and High & Tight (minus the floor work with bands, 'cause they roll up on me and it bugs me) three times per week. Should I increase my ankle weights on the floor work with ankle weights from the High & Tight??? I started with 1.5 lbs and am now using 2.5 lbs. Is there a benefit to increasing those? I want long and lean, not bulk.

Thanks all you exercise experts!

So, I have been doing this for awhile as part of my exercise regimen. I do Bum Bum and High & Tight (minus the floor work with bands, 'cause they roll up on me and it bugs me) three times per week. Should I increase my ankle weights on the floor work with ankle weights from the High & Tight??? I started with 1.5 lbs and am now using 2.5 lbs. Is there a benefit to increasing those? I want long and lean, not bulk.

I would probably do more reps before I increased the weight. That might cause more bulk. If you don't like the band that comes with the DVDs, you might want to buy a different kind. Doing High & Tight with the band gives ah-mazing results!

I would probably do more reps before I increased the weight. That might cause more bulk. If you don't like the band that comes with the DVDs, you might want to buy a different kind. Doing High & Tight with the band gives ah-mazing results!

I use the band for the standing work with bands. ;)

I wouldn't do more reps 'cause I have to do exactly what Leandro says. :D

ok, question from someone who is nosey and had to go google this...

is this the video on amazon for about $23 by beachbody? What are the bands you are talking about? do you buy these separate, does he tell you what kind? The description says for this video all you need is a towel. I do see a more expensive set, but it doesn't look like it is available.

I'd like a nicer butt for Christmas please...:auto:

Your legs would get strong but ankle weights are hardly heavy enough to cause bulk. I agree with trying another band or use ankle weights instead of the bands.

well, I went back and found the $65 set, but what if you only want the videos and band? Did you guys do the food guide and other stuff??

I think I paid $89 or so??? It came with the band but not the ankle weights. I bought those at Wal-mart. It also had the food guide. There isn't much too it. There really isn't other "stuff." It does come with several schedules, but you could figure that out yourself.

I really like BBL. I wish that they would come out with a BBL 2! Seems like I had "heard" about an expansion pack at some point, but I have never seen it.

Your legs would get strong but ankle weights are hardly heavy enough to cause bulk. I agree with trying another band or use ankle weights instead of the bands.

a band with more resistance? What color should follow yellow?

On high and tight I use the yellow band for the first segment - the standing work with bands. I skip the second section which is floor work with bands, b/c the band rolls up. I tried doing this segment with ankle weights. Maybe I am wrong, but the exercises didn't seem to "do" much with ankle weights. They just don't seem conducive to working well with ankle weights. Then I do the last section (the floor work with ankle weights) with 2.5 lb ankle weights.

So, it sounds like you think I should just get a band with greater resistance? Maybe I will try the middle section with weights again. Those clams - or whatever they are called - just don't seem like they work without the band, and I can't stand how it rolls up!!

a band with more resistance? What color should follow yellow?

On high and tight I use the yellow band for the first segment - the standing work with bands. I skip the second section which is floor work with bands, b/c the band rolls up. I tried doing this segment with ankle weights. Maybe I am wrong, but the exercises didn't seem to "do" much with ankle weights. They just don't seem conducive to working well with ankle weights. Then I do the last section (the floor work with ankle weights) with 2.5 lb ankle weights.

So, it sounds like you think I should just get a band with greater resistance? Maybe I will try the middle section with weights again. Those clams - or whatever they are called - just don't seem like they work without the band, and I can't stand how it rolls up!!

You could try a different brand of band if you don't like the BB ones. Since you now have legs strong enough to crack coconuts, I would also go with a higher resistance band. :tongue_smilie:

They roll up on me as well. Have you tried putting a little baby powder on them? I think it is just a consequence of using bands in general.

You could try a different brand of band if you don't like the BB ones. Since you now have legs strong enough to crack coconuts, I would also go with a higher resistance band. :tongue_smilie:

They roll up on me as well. Have you tried putting a little baby powder on them? I think it is just a consequence of using bands in general.

I think they are fine. I know there is also green and red. I just don't know which color is the next level up.

I haven't tried the baby powder thing. You suggested it before. Honestly, that middle segment of floor work with bands is so short I wasn't too worried about skipping it. But, I should probably revisit it.

I don't think I could crack coconuts! Anyway, even if I could I still have cellulite!!! Blah!!:tongue_smilie: I visited my friend in CA this summer and was bemoaning my cellulite. After I got out of the shower one morning I told her to come look at my legs to see what I was fussing about. She came in and looked at my legs and said, "I don't think that's cellulite; I think those are just wrinkles." :lol: Yeah. That was helpful! It's probably a combination of both.