Menu

Birthdday party ideas for 10 year old boys

My ds turned 11 in October and he elected to just have a sleepover with his 4 close neighborhood friends. That was enough excitement for him. They all were actually thrilled to play simple games we looked up on the internet (for candy bar prizes of course ;)

Some ideas from the past though are bowling and an indoor swimming pool party.

Slumber Party!! And depending on where you live, and the weather:

Nerf Gun wars in the backyard, Flashlight tag, capture the flag using glowsticks for flags....

or snowball fights, snow forts, smores over a campfire, sledding,

movie marathon, take them to a pro/semi-pro team sport game, bowling, laser tag,

Slumber Party!! And depending on where you live, and the weather:

Nerf Gun wars in the backyard, Flashlight tag, capture the flag using glowsticks for flags....

or snowball fights, snow forts, smores over a campfire, sledding,

movie marathon, take them to a pro/semi-pro team sport game, bowling, laser tag,

:iagree:Exactly what I was going to say - boys love to be outside playing manhunt, making smores. A sleepover is the perfect ending.

You could also make it a game party; my boys have had a bingo party and a poker party.

What about a murder mystery party?

Or an inside carnival party - filled with prizes?

How about a Survivor Party, An Amazing Race Party or a Fear Factor Party? I've never seen these shows, but my kids have had a blast at parties with these themes.

How about a sleepover with theme and movie - Indiana Jones or National Treasure? You can center a few activities around the movie.

I used to check out www.birthdaypartyideas.com when I needed help.

Have fun!

My ds had an Indiana Jones themed party for his 10th birthday. I printed out google maps for each guest with direction from their house to ours and added the party details. Spilled coffee on them and baked them so they would look like old maps.

I decorated our entry way with rubber snakes (instant party favor).

I decorated the party room with fake gems and bags of gold (gold nugget magnets-oriental trading)

We did a fear factor taste test and a treasure hunt. Ate cake and watched the first Indiana Jones movie. Then everyone went home.