Menu

My American Girl online games

My DD wants a My American Girl to add to her AG collection. I think the only reason she wants it is to play the online games. Are they fun enough to warrent getting a doll that isn't as pretty as the others (clothing-wise, I mean, not that a doll that looks like my daughter would be unattractive)?

Both my daughters said that it wouldn't be worth it just for the online access. But, I will say that my youngest dd's favorite AG doll is her My American Girl. It is kind of cute to have one that looks like her and they do have a lot of cute clothes.

Lesley

She has Molly and Felicity. Both have brown hair and brown eyes, just like my daughter. The only thing that would be different about this one would be the pierced ears and online games. Man, I've been thinking about the doll way too much!!

You can get a 2 week access code to play if you buy their choose your own adventure books. They are the InnerStar University books. Ours is titled: Braving the Lake. We got one at Barnes and Noble and dd played the games for 2 weeks. She liked them enough that she wants another of the books for Christmas so that she can play for 2 more weeks :) She won't be getting the doll just for game access this year anyway :tongue_smilie:

I was actually thinking about Kanani (sp) because her hair is so pretty. BUT, I emailed my husband and he told me to just buy her what she wants and move on so I ordered the My American Girl. I do have two other daughters that I can buy the pretty ones for later, I guess!

Probably the smartest move. That is pretty much how dd ended up with hers. It is her favorite though and that makes me happy. It is funny that she just told me that the her older sisters Samantha doll is the maid to her My American girl. Apparently, she must have a hidden desire to make her sister the maid of their shared room, so she just decided to have her doll make the dream come true. :D

Lesley