Menu

If I order a Kindle Fire,

You won't know. Amazon will restore factory settings, make it shiny and new, and then sell it to someone else. It happens with everything. I played with one of the ones that I sent back, but the other two were sealed in the boxes. It is a neat device, but I could not give it to my kds without parental controls. My iPad gives me to contol everything they can and cannot do with passcode protections, but the fire does not have that kind of security.

Why do you plan to return them?

I just don't think that they are something that my girls will want. I'm thinking about returning them and getting two iPod Touches and two regular Kindles instead. I was hoping that the Fire would cover both of those options, but I don't think it will.

You won't know. Amazon will restore factory settings, make it shiny and new, and then sell it to someone else. It happens with everything. I played with one of the ones that I sent back, but the other two were sealed in the boxes. It is a neat device, but I could not give it to my kds without parental controls. My iPad gives me to contol everything they can and cannot do with passcode protections, but the fire does not have that kind of security.

Are there NO parental controls on the kindle fire? My parents already bought one for my son thinking it had parental controls. I pretty much only want it for it's e-reader, video and game capability. Is there another good option out there? I don't think the ipod touch is big enough to use as an e-reader all the time.