Menu

Don't feed your dog chicken jerky treats

Do they have xylitol in them by any chance?

Unknown.

From the link: FDA officials say they have not been able to find a cause for the illnesses. Extensive chemical and microbiological testing has failed to turn up a specific contaminant and officials did not identify a specific brand of treats. They note that the reports of illness have not conclusively been tied to chicken jerky products, also sold as chicken tenders, chicken strips or chicken treats.

Thanks. We've been giving our puppy a Milo's Kitchen chicken jerky every night! I checked the package...sure enough, made in China. :(

I just saw these advertised on tv and thought my dog might like them. :confused:

My puppy only eats liver treats. Off to check package and see where they are made.

Thanks for posting this.

While we didn't have any chicken jerky treats, we did have some Milo's Chicken Meatballs, and while the package said "Made in the USA", we did notice our dog (and the cat, who also loves them!) drinking copious amounts of water for a few days after eating them. Based on the news link posted here, we just tossed the half-empty package.

It could be that they were just very salty, but maybe the chicken was from elsewhere and the actual meatball snacks were made here?

I wish I knew what "made in the USA" really meant. :glare:

I wish I knew what "made in the USA" really meant. :glare:

That bothers me, too, especially after the Menu Foods cat and dog food recall in 2007. The problem with the foods was melamine in wheat gluten imported from China. There is no way to tell from the packaging whether ingredients in foods manufactured in the US were imported from China.