Menu

What do I want from Trader Joe's?

I love the fig cereal bars from there. I love to get almonds and other nut varieties there for making homemade granola bars. They have a smoky salsa that is fantasic! There are no Trader Joe's in Alabama and the nearest to me is in Atlanta, about 2 hours away. We have very few reasons to travel to Atlanta so I rarely get to go!

Chocolate peanut butter cups

Gnocchi

Granola bars

Olive oil

Stroopwaffels

Advent calendars for the children

Flowers

Nuts

anything else that will fit in the car

Regards,

Kareni

This is totally shameful of you to suggest peanut butter cups.....:tongue_smilie: I purposefully did NOT buy them when I shopped at TJ today....and, oh, how I wanted them....I.wanted.them.bad! :lol:

Hmm. We have to go tomorrow (again). Some of our staples are whole wheat pasta, gnocchi, truffle brownie mix, salsa, organic white corn tortilla chips, rice cakes, fruit bars, fruit leathers, blueberry jelly, coconut milk, the wines are great--we have really enjoyed Overlake for whites, and Gypsy red. I've had my eye on the chocolate covered jojoes but I just can't. The chocolate stars are yummy. We bought a tin of peppermint hot chocolate but haven't tried it yet.

Christine

Joe Joe's!! They are similar to Oreo's, but WAY better. That's it. Nothing else matters. ;)

:iagree:

And the chocolate-covered peppermint cream-filled Joe Joes that only come out in November/December are just, well, ridiculous.

I live 4 hours away from TJ now :( so when I go, I stock up on sesame oil (since I can't find it cheap and kosher here), olive oil, feta cheese, organic white tortilla chips (just can't find better!), the marinara sauce that comes in a can (I never buy any jarred stuff, but this is SO GOOD), nuts, Vanana yogurt (I make my own yogurt, but this flavor is just great)... I think that covers my favorites. Oh, yum. :)

They have dark chocolate covered pomegranate seeds!!!

The pumpkin pancake mix and pumpkin butter is good too. They have their own brand of maple syrup.

I am addicted to the black olive tapanade

If you eat avocados, but don't live where they grow them, TJs is relatively cheap by the bag.

Cereals, granolas, and fruit leathers are awesome and their lemonade is goooood. LOVE the peanut butter.

LOTS more, but I'm trying not to repeat too much or get into perishables.

I forgot the teas! Stock up. They are cheap and good. You'll never pay for Twinings again. I ALWAYS eep their Irish Breakfast Tea on hand. There are 80 bags in the box. Their powdered chai mix is really good too and you can make several cups for what you'd spend for one cup at a coffee shop.

Edited by KungFuPanda
TEA

This is totally shameful of you to suggest peanut butter cups.....:tongue_smilie: I purposefully did NOT buy them when I shopped at TJ today....and, oh, how I wanted them....I.wanted.them.bad! :lol:

You'll notice that they were at the top of my list. I'm not sure I would have the strength to stop in at Trader Joe's and not pick up a container ....

Regards,

Kareni

Just Mangoes (no sugar, no sulfur, DESSERT-like in sweetness and great chewy texture!)

maple syrup

peanut butter (TJs brand -- cheap and good)

whole wheat tortillas

Chai latte mix (if you like Chai, this is the best!)

wine -- of course

fruit leathers

Lacey's almond cookies (w/ dark chocolate on top... oh my!)

- Dark chocolate covered caramels with salt on top (seasonal item that is to DIE for).

- Fleur de sel caramels in a round cardboard bin (seasonal)

- My friend said the truffles are the greatest thing on earth

- excellent balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing

- organic raw honey

- unsalted organic corn tortillas

- good selection of wine and teas

I am not a fan of bottled mayonnaise. I went decades without touching the stuff. If I wanted mayo (which was rare) I made my own.

That said, the Trader Joes Organic Mayonnaise is really quite good. And with turkey sandwich left-overs in the near future, you might want to.....

Bill

Triple Olive Hummus

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

Mango Popcicles

Gorgonzola Crackers

Hawaiian Bagels

I love their bags of prepared produce (like butternut squash chunks)

Uncured Bacon ends and pieces (great deal!)

Sea Salt and Peppercorn grinders

Balsamic Vinegar

Grade B Maple syrup

Raw almonds

Macadamia Nuts are super cheap, I like to dip them in the melted bars of dark chocolate and give them as gifts.

I am not a fan of bottled mayonnaise. I went decades without touching the stuff. If I wanted mayo (which was rare) I made my own.

That said, the Trader Joes Organic Mayonnaise is really quite good. And with turkey sandwich left-overs in the near future, you might want to.....

Bill

We like that also. Same with their organic ketchup. I like that their organic items are affordable and tasty!

I didn't realize that if it has the Trader Joe's label, then it is free of GMO, preservatives, and food dyes. So even though all their own label items aren't organic, they do have high standards.

The peppermint Joe-Joe's are amazing, and we NEVER buy boxed cookies. The crunchy peppermint bits in the icing are delicious~

That would be like a dream come true to me! I wouldn't know where to begin. But, I would definitely include some of the freeze dried mangos and bananas! They are like candy, with a lot fewer calories! I love their flavored sparkling waters, too.

We recently went on a field trip to Trader Joe's (that was fun!) They gave lots of samples on the tour, and one thing was three types of dried bananas - the first was regular dried, the second was freeze dried, and the third was vacuum fried (I believe). Anyway, one of them had palm oil so I made a mental note to check for that if we ever wanted to buy, as we try to avoid palm oil. I really liked the version without the palm oil though - the freeze dried I believe. Yum! The strawberry version would also be great, but sadly they are super sticky on the teeth :(

We recently went on a field trip to Trader Joe's (that was fun!) They gave lots of samples on the tour, and one thing was three types of dried bananas - the first was regular dried, the second was freeze dried, and the third was vacuum fried (I believe). Anyway, one of them had palm oil so I made a mental note to check for that if we ever wanted to buy, as we try to avoid palm oil. I really liked the version without the palm oil though - the freeze dried I believe. Yum! The strawberry version would also be great, but sadly they are super sticky on the teeth :(

Yeah, the freeze dried fruit has no other ingredients beside the fruit. My older son eats the whole bag of freeze dried strawberries in one sitting. His fingers turn bright red. :D The bananas are very sticky on the teeth, too. Usually have to brush soon afterward, but worth it IMHO!

• 2 weeks later...