Menu

The Teachers Lodge 11-21-2011

The Lodge is OPEN! It's Monday and Thanksgiving is THIS Thursday, in case you didn't know! ;)

What's for lunch? We're having a sub sandwich I picked up at Target this morning.

Are you doing any lessons about Thanksgiving this week (if you're in the US)?

Probably here but I don't have it planned yet.

How was your weekend? Pretty good here but too "scheduled" for my liking.

Talk to me! :bigear:

The Lodge is OPEN! It's Monday and Thanksgiving is THIS Thursday, in case you didn't know! ;) I am in full prep mode! Spent the morning doing a few "wrap-up" lessons with the kids. I'm almost done cleaning the house. I will wait to do one final wipe-down of surfaces, sweep & mop the kitchen and bathrooms tonight. Our company will be flying in tonight, but will be going straight to the hotel. We will see them tomorrow through Saturday.

What's for lunch? Breakfast was french toast for the kids and an english muffin for me. Lunch was a variety of leftovers (I had to clear out some space in the fridge!) Dinner will be take out! Given the amount of cooking I'll be doing this week, I figure I deserve a night off tonight!

Are you doing any lessons about Thanksgiving this week (if you're in the US)?

Probably not.

How was your weekend? Good. Nothing spectacular, but nothing bad either!

You sound busy, Jenn!

My claim to fame in regards to Thanksgiving is that I've never had to cook a turkey, nor do I plan to do so!

Maybe if I actually liked turkey for a main course, I'd be willing to do it, but it is FAR from my first choice of entree, regardless of what day it is. Besides, it's not "true to form" anyway, if you're going for authenticity to the original Thanksgiving supper.

You sound busy, Jenn!

My claim to fame in regards to Thanksgiving is that I've never had to cook a turkey, nor do I plan to do so!

Maybe if I actually liked turkey for a main course, I'd be willing to do it, but it is FAR from my first choice of entree, regardless of what day it is. Besides, it's not "true to form" anyway, if you're going for authenticity to the original Thanksgiving supper.

LOL! I'll be cooking enough turkeys for both of us, Scrap! Tomorrow I'll be cooking a 20 pounder to donate to our church's Thanksgiving meal ministry. Then on Thursday, I'll be cooking a 16 pounder for our family of six, plus my MIL and FIL. I still have another 20 pounder in the deep freezer for a Christmas meal.

So, what do you do for Thanksgiving? What meal do you serve? Will it be just your family or will you have company? Or maybe you'll be the company at someone else's home?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Even I knew that this Thursday is Thanksgiving, Scrap!

Breakfast - 2 eggs, slice of high protein bread (Dave's Killer bread), water

Lunch - leftover seafood salad

Thanksgiving Lessons - no, though we might sing "Over the River and Through the Woods"

My wonderful SIL is again fixing 90% of our Thanksgiving dinner and is hosting it. She wants to do this. I've asked. I'm thankful because having it here would be too much for my health.

Weekend - It was wonderful. My family took me out to a very nice seafood restaurant for my birthday. Then we went to a food court (but it's actually more of a neighborhood gathering place) to hear a Swing band that our friend's son plays in. Dh refused to dance with me but oh, well. Dd9 was mortified that I would even want to dance in public.:D