Menu

Can you tell me the line sizes for the student writing in either HTTS &/or FLL?

justLisa

DS needs much smaller lines I notice that some of the student text worksheets. In WWE2 the lines are slightly large for DS, and it's annoying to have to print smaller ones if I already by a student book for ease.

I need the student manuals for HTTS but I cannot find a preview of the student book.

In WWE2 the lines are slightly large for DS, and it's annoying to have to print smaller ones if I already by a student book for ease.

This may not help you now, but if you have the PDF it isn't hard to shrink the pages before printing to get better-sized lines. :)

HTTS just has a single line. FLL3 is mostly single lines. The optional dictation has triple lines, but they're not huge. You could always write on separate paper.

I make my own WWE pages in Startwrite.

Thanks! I just bought startwrite, and it is great for WWE. Now I no longer have to tear them out to copy AND write on smaller paper.

FLL is only the student book so I didn't want to buy it if I was going to have to use separate paper. It sounds like it will work great. I don't know why they make lines SO big, especially after a 1st or 2nd grade level.

FLL is only the student book so I didn't want to buy it if I was going to have to use separate paper. It sounds like it will work great. I don't know why they make lines SO big, especially after a 1st or 2nd grade level.

Are you talking about FLL2? FLL2 doesn't have student pages. FLL3 has a whole big workbook, and it's big. You definitely want it. Most of the writing in FLL3 is writing on diagrams or writing in tables, neither of which have the 3-line thing. There are also some fill-in-the-blank exercises, but again, just a single line. The dictation is almost always optional, and basically not needed if you're doing WWE also.

The WWE1 lines were horribly big! I had to make my own sheets for ME to write down his narrations. I couldn't write on those big lines myself. I also couldn't fit his narrations in the instructor section because of the big lines. And he wasn't going on and on. They were decent, concise narrations.

Yes FLL3. I think DS would have actually started writing better long ago hand I realized he needs like half the size of most lined student papers. *I* can't even write well on those huge lines.

Yep, as I've made the lines smaller, my son has been able to write a LOT more! Amazing, isn't it?