Menu

If my DS9 liked...

mrs.m

The Sword in the Tree and The Minstrel in the Tower what else do you suggest he read?

These are well below his reading level but I found that he loses interest in longer books. He finished both of these in one day because he coudn't put them down. This is a really good thing! :D He loves non-fiction and this is the first time he asked for more fiction books "like these" so I might be able to sneak in something a bit longer.

He is currently reading The Lion, the Witch, and The Wardrobe aloud with his daddy. So we are working on longer books.

My daughter is a huge fan of Clyde Robert Bulla and she's liked Pocohontas and the Strangers, Riding the Pony Express, Viking Adventure, etc.

Other books she's really liked (because maybe they have the same taste in books :tongue_smilie:):

Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH

Pedro's Journal

Sign of the Beaver

Carry On, Mr. Bowditch

Misty of Chincoteague

Island of the Blue Dolphins

Red Dragon Codex (she's reading this now, but I can't vouch for the age appropriateness - my daughter says there are some scary scenes)

we're also reading thru the Narnia series and using ROAR!

Door in Wall

Castle Diary

The King's Equal

The Whipping Boy

Mary Pope Osbourne's Tales from the Odyssey

Lloyd Alexander - Prydain Chronicles

The Apple and the Arrow

My Father's Dragon

The Apprentice

Anything by Clyde Robert Bulla

You can probably find more options in Stepping Stone Books and Trophy Chapter Books. Dd went through a stage of only liking these kind of books. She loved to read one a day. ;)