Menu

Okay Nook fans! Who's getting the new Nook Tablet?

I just ordered mine from QVC because it's the Today's Special Value and honestly I can't beat the deal with the easy payments! I've done my research and the Nook is far superior to the Kindle Fire. I'm excited and can't wait to get my toy for Christmas. Of course I'll wrap it!

So, who's with me? I'm going to give my regular Nook to my oldest for school books.:bigear:

I didn't think I would be, but I am now with you. I researched both and decided the 1 click shopping and lack of parental controls on the Fire was a deal breaker for me. I had experienced issues with the Nook's sound quality and browser performance when I tried the demo, but I spoke with an in-store tech who helped me correct all issues.

The Nook app store is my biggest negative at this point, but I can live with it and hope more apps are developed in the future. We have chosen some great apps from the current slim offerings, though. Dd and I absolutely love everything else about it. So far I haven't had an issue with storage, but I do intend to add an SD card later. I no longer have iPad envy, so I'm very happy with this purchase.

Mommyagain/Cheryl, I do have it. We've been playing with it for a couple of days. I was initially very disappointed in the sound quality on the store demo, but someone lowered the volume within the device itself so that no matter how much you pressed the outer keys, the sound didn't get very loud. I will make sure my device has the max vol in settings and just adjust up or down from the outer buttons. We're listened to books, watched videos, played games, etc., and the sound has filled whatever room we're in. I watched a Netflix tv episode last night with earbuds, and the sound worked beautifully then, too. I even have my device mounted in a cover, and the sound isn't compromised despite the fact that the speaker is on the back of the Nook. The cover has a slight indentation below where the speaker rests, so the sound still travels freely.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mommyagain/Cheryl, I do have it. We've been playing with it for a couple of days. I was initially very disappointed in the sound quality on the store demo, but someone lowered the volume within the device itself so that no matter how much you pressed the outer keys, the sound didn't get very loud. I will make sure my device has the max vol in settings and just adjust up or down from the outer buttons. We're listened to books, watched videos, played games, etc., and the sound has filled whatever room we're in. I watched a Netflix tv episode last night with earbuds, and the sound worked beautifully then, too. I even have my device mounted in a cover, and the sound isn't compromised despite the fact that the speaker is on the back of the Nook. The cover has a slight indentation below where the speaker rests, so the sound still travels freely.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you so much! I can't get anything until we get our tax refund, but I couldn't decide between Nook or Kindle Fire. I'm leaning towards Nook.:001_smile: