Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ereks mom

Galore Park Latin Prep -- what do I need to buy?

This is what I've found available:

• Latin Prep I text
  • Latin Prep I Answer Book
  • Latin Prep I workbooks A & B
  • Latin Prep I Puzzles Book
  • Latin Word List

What do I need? Which items are not necessities, but would be good to have? Thanks!

This is what I've found available:
  • Latin Prep I text

• Latin Prep I Answer Book

• Latin Prep I workbooks A & B

• Latin Prep I Puzzles Book

• Latin Word List

What do I need? Which items are not necessities, but would be good to have? Thanks!

There's also downloadable audio from Galore Park (CD forthcoming).

1. Is there any way to hear pronounciations with this Latin Prep program? (do I wait for the aforementioned downloadable cd?)

2. If we have completed Latina Christiana I - can we assume our pronounciations will continue in Latin Prep as we have learned thus far?

3. Does each child need their own book?

Many thanks.

Did any of you buy/use these? Were they a waste of money? I mean, did you actually use them, or did they wind up sitting on the shelf? Did your dc like them at all, or are they just drill?

How much time does GP Latin Prep take per day if you use just the book & answer key? How much time would using the workbooks and puzzle book add to that?

And one more question: if I do decide to use the workbooks, am I correct that I would need two workbooks (A & B) for use with Latin Prep I?

Hello

You can order the download now from the Galore Park site; it's just the CD that will take a few weeks to be available.

Does LC use classical or ecclesiastical pronunciation? LP uses classical, but feel free to ignore that if you want.

The book is just a text book, so if your children usually share well, there's no need for them each to have a copy.

Best wishes

Laura

Yes, workbooks A and B go with LP 1. I've not used them. They are extra practice, but we've found the basic course to have plenty.

We do sessions of half an hour, which is time to go over some grammar/vocab and do one exercise. For every one of those, Calvin also does 15 minutes of memorisation. Each book is slightly different, but you can add up the number of exercises and multiply it by 45 minutes, to get a rough idea of how much time it will take.

Best wishes

Laura

1. Is there any way to hear pronounciations with this Latin Prep program? (do I wait for the aforementioned downloadable cd?)
The download is available now. It's the CD that's forthcoming.

Hello

The book is just a text book, so if your children usually share well, there's no need for them each to have a copy.

Since there is an answer key - I'm assuming that there must be written exercises assigned in this text book. Do they simply write their answers on a separate sheet of paper??

Many thanks (again).

Yes. It's a non-consumable text. The exercises are included after the instruction. My son does some of the exercises orally (usually the Latin-English translations) and writes the English-Latin translation exercises on a separate sheet of paper (actually he has a notebook that he uses.)

We do half orally too, but the other half: Calvin does English to Latin orally, and Latin to English on paper.

Laura