Menu

Anyone have a NEAT DESK or NEAT RECEIPTS?

I don't have a Neat machine, but I do use a ScanSnap document scanner. I scan all my important papers for back-up reasons, receipts, tax documents, children's work samples, etc. My only regret is that I didn't get one sooner. It also reduces clutter and space because a lot of papers can be scanned - put on CD, DVD, Jump Drive, External HD, etc. I always have important documents stored on two sources - HD and DISC or DISC and Jump Drive.

Myeightkiddies - Which one do you use?

I have two. I have the Fujitsu ScanSnap S510 and Fujitsu Scansnap S1500. The S510 works great on my computer, but it is older. It is still very fast with no issues. The S1500 is newer and works better out-of-the-box for most computers (meaning no need to find new drivers that will help the install software work on new OSs. The S510 was tricky to get to work with my newer OSs, but I was able to locate some updated software) and is very fast as well.

I'm pleased with them, and I use them all the time.

At work we almost all have the Fujitsu ScanSnap - I think the 1500 - and LOVE them!! Awesome machines, and our accounting firm is completely paperless using them.

I think the difference between a regular scanner and a NeatDesk is that supposedly the NeatDesk will actually take a scanned receipt and save it to the appropriate spot without further information. On a regular scanner (definitely get a feeding one - the flatbed is bleah bleah yuck for large amounts of paperwork!) you have to determine and select a location. I have only hear hear-say, but I understand that they aren't all they are cracked up to be yet - maybe in a few years of advancing technology they will be better able to take random papers and put them where you might want them...

I LOVE having all my documents scanned. I also have a print-to-pdf (free Bullzip) that will take pretty much anything you could print from the computer to a pdf file instead. This is useful for emails to be saved, receipts online, online statements, etc. The biggest problem I have with scanning is getting around to it (looking wistfully at the large stack of stuff-to-be-scanned next to me and wishing it were done...). The IDEA of the NeatDesk is great - drop it in, scan it up, done!

At work we almost all have the Fujitsu ScanSnap - I think the 1500 - and LOVE them!! Awesome machines, and our accounting firm is completely paperless using them.

I think the difference between a regular scanner and a NeatDesk is that supposedly the NeatDesk will actually take a scanned receipt and save it to the appropriate spot without further information. On a regular scanner (definitely get a feeding one - the flatbed is bleah bleah yuck for large amounts of paperwork!) you have to determine and select a location. I have only hear hear-say, but I understand that they aren't all they are cracked up to be yet - maybe in a few years of advancing technology they will be better able to take random papers and put them where you might want them...

I LOVE having all my documents scanned. I also have a print-to-pdf (free Bullzip) that will take pretty much anything you could print from the computer to a pdf file instead. This is useful for emails to be saved, receipts online, online statements, etc. The biggest problem I have with scanning is getting around to it (looking wistfully at the large stack of stuff-to-be-scanned next to me and wishing it were done...). The IDEA of the NeatDesk is great - drop it in, scan it up, done!

This is extremely useful information to me! Thanks a ton.