Menu

How many nieces and nephews?

How many nieces and nephews do you have?  

1. 1. How many nieces and nephews do you have?

• 1-4
    • 5-8
    • 9-11
    • 12-15
    • 16-18
    • 19-21
    • 22 plus
    • other

I have one bio niece and two... I guess you might call them step-nephews? They're my stepsister's kids, but our parents didn't get married till about two years ago, so she and I aren't close. DH and his brother aren't close, either, so we see our niece at the holidays and that's it. They have another one on the way, due in January I think.

None :( Dh is the youngest of 3 and is the only one married with kids. I'm the oldest of 12 and my first brother (3rd born) is getting married on Wednesday. I really want a niece to spoil :001_wub:

I feel bad for my kids, because they won't have any cousins their age, and I grew up with a LOT of cousins. My cousins have kids ds#1's age, so he'll have some kids to play with at Thanksgiving, but ds#2 won't have anyone his age :sad:

I have one niece. Dh has 4 nieces and 4 nephews. All are adults, but they're not all married or have kids. Between them they have 9 kids and one more on the way. My niece has twins and one of dh's nephews has twins. We don't buy gifts. Our families decided long ago that we'd rather spend time together than money none of us really have to spare.

My husband and I are both the oldest of 6 kids, but only 2 of our siblings are married yet besides us and won't be having children in the next year. Our girls have no cousins yet, but I imagine they'll have over 20 or so total when all is said and done. I have over 50 cousins, myself.

ETA: My BIL got married in July, my sister got married in October and my brother is getting married next month, so hopefully my poor kids will get some cousins soon! As it is, they don't mind having a monopoly on their grandparents' affections (and pocketbooks) :)

Edited by MeaganS

I think we have 17, if I counted right.

But that's including ones we NEVER see and barely even have met, like my husbad's stepsister's two grown stepchildren. Technically, they are my kid's cousins, but I wouldn't know them if I passed them on the street.

Shoot, I counted wrong, we have 19.

Edited by bethanyniez

I'm the oldest of 2, my brother is not married and has no kids, so none on that side.

My dh is the oldest of 4, and we have 7 nephews and 1 niece on his side. Yep my dd had to wait 7 years for another girl to come into the family.

Now if you wanted me to count all of my dh's cousin's kids that are like nieces and nephews, well then it would be well above 30.

We only buy for the immediate family though and even that is more of a gift drawing, so never more than 3 gifts to buy.

I'm 1 of 3 but no nieces and nephews on my side. My DH on the other hand is 1 of 13 and his siblings have 60+ kids altogether (I haven't kept up with family news so I'm not sure of the exact count). Unfortunately, his family is not close so we don't see the nieces/nephews much. If we do Christmas presents, we only do 1 per family.

I thought I posted a reply but I don't see it now. I'm the youngest of 4 siblings and my dh is number 2 of 4, but he got married last. We are fortunate to be very close to all of our nieces and nephews even though 6 of them live out of state now. They range in age from 1-16, and there could be more added in the future.

I am the oldest of eight kids. Some of my younger siblings are all just now in their mid-late 20s and have all just started families in the last year or two. There have been 4 babies born in 2011 alone! Right now we're up to nine, but I'm thinking that number will go up exponentially in the next few years as they start having their second or third child, as the younger ones who are still single have children, etc.

Two nephews, one on each side of the family. My husband and I are both the oldest children and got married rather young. My husband has only one brother and they only had their first kid last year. Not sure when or if they plan to have another. I have a large family but none of my siblings are married, and only one has a child with no plans to have another in the foreseeable future. The one brother who is in the long term relationship isn't wild about children. So buying gifts for the nephews isn't much of a burden. I'm sure if people start having a bunch of kids we'll start exchanging gift for the kids and stop buying for the adults. I only have two kids so my family has never had a problem buying for them. If things are really tight, they can easily just spend $15 on a movie or something and give it to both of them. My kids have so much family showering them with gifts that it's really not necessary to go crazy with gifts.

9 on my side. My youngest brother isn't married, yet, so I'll probably get a few more from him. On dh's side, only his younger brother has a child. Oh, his sister has a stepson that we've seen once in ten years. She doesn't want biological kids and dh's other sister is infertile. I think BIL wants at least one more kid. His wife is an only child and hated it.

So, 11 right now. Probably a few more when all is said and done.

My side takes turns giving to families. This year I have one of my brothers, his wife, and two nieces.