Menu

Queen Language Lessons? ILL? CW Primer?

Mrs. Lilac

CW Primer looks great....how teacher intensive is it?

I basically just wish there were a big all-in-one LA program.....spelling, vocab, grammar, writings, etc. I hate trying to piece it together. We've done BJU the last 2 years, but it's SO workbooky/schooly.....I'm wanting to get more classical/CM.

CW Primer looks great....how teacher intensive is it?

I basically just wish there were a big all-in-one LA program.....spelling, vocab, grammar, writings, etc. I hate trying to piece it together. We've done BJU the last 2 years, but it's SO workbooky/schooly.....I'm wanting to get more classical/CM.

Hmm, it's fairly teacher intensive I'd say. The first part of the day's lesson is either a narration or nature/picture study, so there is reading and discussing together. The 2nd part of the lesson is a copywork (dictation day 4) and a spelling/grammar section, this part could probably be done mostly independently - except when you dictate the dictation (or they could try it from memory). :tongue_smilie:

For all in one I really like LLATL (even though it's not so popular on these boards) and we use that but supplement, so used WWE1 & LLATL Red this year and now we're moving on to CW Primers and LLATL Yellow.

I used Language Lessons for the Very Young (I think that was the one) for dd in 3rd grade, then went to ILL for 4th. I MUCH prefer ILL. In 4th grade we used the workbook version sold by LBC, but this year I bought the hardcover version to continue and I prefer the hardcover to the workbook. Lots (or at least some) lessons can be done orally, so workbook space is not needed. When we had the workbook, the lines for writing were too widely spaced for my dd, and there often weren't enough of them, if it was a composition assignment - she likes to write.

HTH,