Menu

would your family make an interesting reality TV show?

Is this reality show going to pay to take my dc to Europe???? Then maybe I'd consider it.

We've got a very unusual situation here, as dh and I are technically step-brother and sister.

? Before or after you were already married? Assuming after. We have friends in that boat. It's always fun to watch them share that bit of info with folks.

Yes. I have even had people suggest it. There is NO WAY I'd broadcast all of our family's drama. Fortunately, it is only the people living outside of our home. Dh and the kids and I are pretty boring. It is just when you throw the in laws and out laws in the mix that it gets rather, um, interesting.

Yeah, we'd probably scare people; our "outlaws" too. I'm a bit odd and my life is not typical. But it may be a bit depressing. Strange, funny, exciting at times, but mostly depressing. Let's see, chickens roosting outside the front door (and if you leave the door open, pecking cat food in the house), cat on the printer, cat on the timeline, cat on the fridge, cat on the table..."Green Acres is the place for me".

They could follow me outside to hang the clothes, watch the girls make an Indian house with the sheets and canes in the yard or riding the "buffalo" (sapling), listen to the oldest quip her made-upisms and star in her youtube movies. They could go to work with my dh at the farm trying to build a log house or feed of the multitude of critters there. A visit to my mom's would be worth gold. We'll break out the Bubba teeth. But they might want to stay away from the inlaws. Just sayin';)

? Before or after you were already married? Assuming after. We have friends in that boat. It's always fun to watch them share that bit of info with folks.

Yes, after. Dh and I met in 1990 when my parents were still married. In 1997, my mil (divorced since dh was 2) and my father became friends. (Before that, they had met but couldn't stand each other.) In 1999, my father moved out. In 2000, my parents' divorce became final. In 2001, he married my mil. Yes, it's been a long ten years. I finally am mostly OK with it and have even come up with an advantage for the lunatic situation - they both care about our children because our children are the only grandchildren either of them have.