Menu

Need yarn suggestions for a project please

My daughter has been itching for a poncho. They are in style right now, and she's much more fashionable than I am.

She likes this poncho, and I'd like to knit it for her for Christmas, but the yarn it calls for is too pricey for our budget. Could you recommend others that would work well? I don't crochet/knit often enough to have a good grasp for substitutions.

She likes gray.

Thanks. I'm hoping to pick up yarn tomorrow afternoon.

cute, I don't knit enough to know the difference either.

Do you have a Michael's near you? They have coupons all the time, and some online that you can print off for 40-50% off one item. Some of the other craft places will have black friday sales too.

How about looking for a similar pattern/style and see what yarn they use

My daughter has been itching for a poncho. They are in style right now, and she's much more fashionable than I am.

She likes this poncho, and I'd like to knit it for her for Christmas, but the yarn it calls for is too pricey for our budget. Could you recommend others that would work well? I don't crochet/knit often enough to have a good grasp for substitutions.

She likes gray.

Thanks. I'm hoping to pick up yarn tomorrow afternoon.

the reason it is a pricy yarn is it is a bulky mohair. use an acrylic of the same weight. You'll probably need to go to the store and just see what they have. I've seen similar acrylic's/synthetic at both michael's and Joanne's. acrylic won't be as warm or showy as the mohair.