Menu

If you have a Cricut...

Well, I use mine for scrapbooking, mostly, but I've made cards, ornaments, and gift card holders to sell at a craft fair with it, too. I've made signs for parties and other things with it. I've used it for art class with the boys. I've made other things for school with it, too.

I buy the cartridges when they are on sale, and I got 6 free cartridges when I registered my Gypsy (little design computer that you use in conjunction with the Cricut). So, I have quite a few at this point- I think 28. Some are no longer available in stores, but I think you can find them online.

My most frequently used cartridges are:

Base Camp

Create A Critter

Cuttin' Up

Doodlecharms

Life is a Beach

My Community

Plantin School Book

Tags, Bags, Boxes & More

I also have a Christmas one (one of the free ones) that I use frequently, and a Creative Memories one called Cheerful Seasons that I use quite a bit.

I guess I'd say it depends what your hobbies are, whether you have boys or girls, how old your kids are, etc. There are so many different choices! Good luck.

ETA: If you click on the link to my blog, you can see some of the stuff I made for the craft fair.

Edited by thescrappyhomeschooler

ETA: If you click on the link to my blog, you can see some of the stuff I made for the craft fair.

Wow! That's a lot of work you put in. I think your display looked great.

I mostly got mine for other papercrafting: cardmaking, notebooking, holidays, that kind of thing, and I'm planning on making a topiary for christmas.

So far I've only got:

George

Plantin Schoolbook

Cindy Loo

Winter Frolic

Gingerbread

I'm certainly looking forward to having lots of fun with it.