Menu

Playmobil 123: Worth it or should I wait until older...?

My daughter is 3 but is more functionally on a 2 year old level. She's recently started playing pretend a little with things around her. I was thinking of getting her a little set, like a barn or something that she could play with. Playmobil has an excellent reputation, but they are mostly for older kids. I saw that they have a line of toys called Playmobil 123, though, for toddlers. Does anyone have experience with this line and have any particular recommendations? Is it worth getting or should I just hold out on Playmobil until my daughter is older and find something else for now?

Guest submarines

I think you can start with the regular Playmobil now. My kids played with it when they were 18m +. It mostly depends on the set, though. Start with smaller, simpler sets--little unicorns / horses and riders, for example. If you want a big set, Noah's Arc is a great set for a 2-3 year old.

Have fun!

My girls loved the Playmobil 123 pieces we had. They played with them when they were 2 until they began playing with the regular Playmobil sets, around age 5. They looked almost brand new when I passed them on to some friends with a toddler. I think they are very well made and provide lots of fun, imaginative play.

Does she put anything in her mouth? The regular sets have VERY tiny pieces and even the main pieces are quite small.

At that age/stage my girls loved the FIsher Price Little People stuff--sturdy and not too pricey if you decide to wait on Playmobil. Just don't buy the cheaper knock off sets as they are cheaper for a reason and not nearly as nice as the real Fisher Price Little People.

Does she put anything in her mouth? The regular sets have VERY tiny pieces and even the main pieces are quite small.

She doesn't a lot, although I am concerned for dd1 who loves to follow her around. I'd rather not get another toy that has to be highly supervised. I've already decided to hold off the regular Playmobil sets for that reason, plus I think I would have a really rough time keeping all the tiny pieces from getting carried all over the house at this point in our family's life.

I have both the 123 and regular sets. I like the 123 sets for younger children (under 4) as they have fewer pieces and are less frustrating for little hands. We have the motorcycle, dump truck and a boat set that DS plays with in the tub.

These sets work with the regular Playmobil characters, they are just a bit sturdier and their hair doesn't come off. If you bought the 123 right now, she would probably still be playing with them as she collected the regular sets later on down the road.

We love 1-2-3. I think it is worth it and we will keep them for when younger kids are ever at our house/grand kids,etc. They are great quality and have lasted better the Little People (Fisher Price). My 2 yo and 4 yo still play with it. My 4 yo likes the regular Playmobil but all the tiny parts are very overwhelming! Definitely not for you yet if you have one that puts things in their mouth.

My daughter is 3 but is more functionally on a 2 year old level. She's recently started playing pretend a little with things around her. I was thinking of getting her a little set, like a barn or something that she could play with. Playmobil has an excellent reputation, but they are mostly for older kids. I saw that they have a line of toys called Playmobil 123, though, for toddlers. Does anyone have experience with this line and have any particular recommendations? Is it worth getting or should I just hold out on Playmobil until my daughter is older and find something else for now?

If she is functionally two, I would buy the 123. As she gets older, she can still play with it as you add regular playmobil. it has fewer small parts, and fewer moving parts so it is easier for a young child to play with.

I bought my son a nativity set the year he was turning four. I had hard and fast rules about where he could play with it, and was surprised how good he was.