Menu

Need creative ideas for Christmas tree...

Our pastor has asked me to come up with an idea for turning a pole located in the center of our worship area into a Christmas tree...

The room is a large square. The 'stage' is in one corner (on point). The pole is in the center seating area--but near the back rows (we put up chairs so we can change the arrangement)... Pole has been 'disguised' and is now 8in x8in and 15 ft tall.

Any ideas?

I'll try to post a picture of the room.

I would tell Pastor, sorry but that is one demand I could not do. And it sounds like a demand, not a wish list request to me right now.

To support any kind of weight the supports will need to be large and sturdy so you need to decide how large this tree needs to be. Do you have 4ft of space for the base of the tree? Or do you have 8 ft?

Some folks here hang a series of wires, kind of like the previous photo, wrap the wire in garland and lights, and add a star at top. It would at least be green all the way down. Or I could see making a wire cage out of chicken wire in a cone shape around the pole and covering it with greenery and wire. If he wants tree limbs in the middle, well, then you need to build a frame to hold the weight of those limbs and it could get considerable more difficult.

(snip)Pole has been 'disguised' and is now 8in x8in and 15 ft tall.

Any ideas?

I'll try to post a picture of the room.

different sized hoola hoops, largest on bottom. Tied together with green crepe paper and green tinsel garlands?

well, sounds bad to me too.

Belated reply, but you could possibly buy 4 real (or fake) Christmas trees, and remove all of the branches on maybe 1/4 of each tree.

Then attach all four trees to the column, maybe lashing them to the column with fake green pine roping.

This is difficult to describe, but there's an image on this guy's math blog entry (came up on a google search, unrelated to Christmas trees!), which illustrates what I'm picturing--from a bird's eye view.

http://mvtrinh.wordpress.com/2011/08/20/yellow-star/

Anyway, let us know what you do about it!