Menu

Did you follow up with the 6 month post VT appointment?

rafiki

I will let you know next week, that is when her 6 month visit is scheduled. I canceled for the other boy who was evaluated twice. He didn't do therapy in office, he did at home exercises and computer program. His last eval showed issues still with convergence etc. He wasn't the best about exercises. I can't afford his re-eval, and besides we put him in a Catholic Jr High and he is doing really well there. I can't fix everything and will concentrate on the one who needs more supports.

Funny you asked. We just went to her 6 month follow-up this afternoon. He ended up changing her prescription for her glasses. Her astigmatism is not as bad. However, she has improved which I already knew. Either way she did not need to continue her therapy. Fortunately for us our insurance paid for all her vision therapy except for about $100 or so. I don't really remember. I just know we paid less than 10% out of pocket for the whole thing. Her condition was not severe and we did 4 sessions/week to get it done in 4 months instead of the 6 - 9 months.

Yes, we went back for the recheck about four months after stopping VT. He still had some problems with divergence and saccadic control and went back into therapy. That is ongoing now. In two weeks he will go into a contact lens, yay ! I think this will help his progress. He started with severe problems and I do not want to take any chances of thinking we are done before his problems have been fully treated.

Many of you know, we had three kids in VT this past spring. Their initial visits came to $1,100 AFTER insurance paid their portion. The cost of VT times three then set us back another hefty chunk. The COVD wanted to see them in 6 months for a post VT appointment, in which they are now due. I called this morning to get an estimate and we're looking at $400 for the three of them just to be seen. If he decides to do any testing, that will increase.

We don't plan on using this office long term, mainly due to the distance, and although it is an expensive office, the Vision Therapy was worth it for two of the three kids. The others situation is different. I like to quantify things though and that part of me is itching to see where they are now. I don't know that it's worth the &&& or anything will be gained at this point.

If you went to a 6+ month post appointment with the same office, did you find it helpful or worth going to? What would you do?

We did the VT at home option and there was a post eval included in our price. My ds showed marked improvement. Dr. mentioned some things to keep working on or to look out for and scheduled another eval. I skipped that one and haven't been back. I'm very very pleased with ds's progress. No more docs.