Menu

What are your favorite reality TV shows?

I really, really like reality TV...even though it is soooooo not real. Recently, I watched The Colony...that one was fun. I also like to watch Sister Wives...Family Jewels....Hulk Hogan's family etc. I am not sure what I like about them, Maybe just the sociology part..... Maybe because it is so brainless.

So, what shows do you like??

Faithe

Amazing Race, Storage Wars, Chopped, and Next Iron Chef. I will watch Hoarders and Cupcake Wars if they are on, but don't go out of my way to watch them. Oh, and Project Runway. I used to never miss it, but now it is kind of hit or miss.

ETA: Oh, and we are BIG So You Think You Can Dance fans in this house too (dh included)!

Amazing Race is #1 with me and my dd. In past seasons, I've also enjoyed Hoarders and So You Think You Can Dance.

Remember that one season last year where they did Skating With the Stars? I really loved that, too. I just love figure skating to begin with, and the everyday people competing aspect was fun.

I'm a reality tv junkie.

Jersey Shore

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Real Housewives of Atlanta

Real Housewives of New Jersey

Real Housewives of Orange County

Sister Wives

Bad Girls Club

Big Brother

Big Brother After Dark

Storage Wars

American Hoggers

The Kardashians

Khloe Loves Lamar

Pawn Stars

I also LOVE Hoarders.

I don't watch any reality show (or television in general) consistently. It is usually what comes on when I am flipping. Does football count for reality? :D

I like the pawn shop / storage ones because it is similar to watching a treasure hunt. Years ago I really liked the PBS shows that were historical reenactments such as Manor House, Frontier House, 1900 House, etc.

Pseudo reality show - The Only Way is Essex (British version of The Hills) on Hulu.

Oh shaddup.

No one is judging you...much. :tongue_smilie: Hey, I'll take a British accent over a "Jersey Shore" one any day. And I'm from NJ! (Though most of those wackos are not :glare:)

The only reality show I can stomach is So You Think You Can Dance. We love that show! Oh, and DH got me hooked on Jersey Shore last season, but I felt so awful about it that I couldn't bring myself to start watching this season. Plus, we had a few distasteful run-ins with Vinny and Pauly and the media machine when we were in Seaside this summer (don't ask), and that ruined it even more for me.

We watch Dancing with the Stars. We used to watch Survivor but it got kind of boring after awhile. One of my older dd's still likes to watch it but that's all the reality we can handle in this house. I have watch Horders but it causes me a lot of distress so I don't think that I should continue watching it.

We've never missed an episode of Gene Simmons Family Jewels. We started watching it to discover how they raised such neat kids and just really decided we liked the family. This past season was really good.

I like Dancing With the Stars but I can't wrest the remote away from DH when it comes on.

This is too embarrasing....................Swamp People. I chalk it up to the fact I was born in New Orleans. Must be in my blood somewhere.

My mother would disown me.

:lol::lol:

I know...it is sooooo....embarrassing. When my kids ask..."Whatcha watchin'? " I quickly answer "nuthin", and shut the ipad. OY!!!

Guilty pleasure.

Faithe

I will watch the following if they are on but don't DVR them or anything:

Hoarders

Sister Wives

Duggars

House Hunters and other real estate shows

We also like American Idol, X Factor, Top Shot and So you think you can dance: those count as reality competition, right?

Does Survivorman count? And that other one about being tracked or hunted...can't think of the name. Man Tracker?

We've never missed an episode of Gene Simmons Family Jewels. We started watching it to discover how they raised such neat kids and just really decided we liked the family. This past season was really good.

I like Dancing With the Stars but I can't wrest the remote away from DH when it comes on.

I love Family Jewels...and have even watched that one with dh and kids. Their kids are so cool...and I really think they did an awesome job raising intelligent, unselfish adults. I especially think his son is going to do big things.

Faithe

Another Top Chef fan here. It's my favorite reality show. The only others I can bear to watch are Chopped, Storage Wars and Food Network Star. I used to enjoy Iron Chef but haven't watched in ages. Same with Designed to Sell.

I saw an episode of Real Housewives--the Beverly Hills one and the Atlanta one. They were as horrible as I thought they'd be. I can't watch.

True confession--I used to watch Dog the Bounty Hunter to see if I knew anyone they were after. :blush: