Menu

Strange pg test result???

Friday will be day 28 of my cycle and I usually start my "." On time. I used one of those early tests this morning and got a strange result. It is the kind with two little window:s one to show the test is done and the other either has a single line if pg or is clear if not. I thought it was negative until I looked several minutes later. There is an extremely faint, but definite line in the test window, it is going the wrong direction from what is pictured. I wonder if the test was assembled wrong or if it is a fluke. Can't get to the store till tonight so I guess I will have to wait for another try until tomorrow morning.

Did you read the instructions again? I think you need to be careful to read the test at the right time; I think some faint lines might show up in the test area later, but this does not mean the test was positive. It's important to check the results at the right time. Is there a hotline you can call?

Wendi

When you say "several minutes later" do you know how much time had passed since you first tested? I think they generally say that any results that show up after 10 minutes are invalid, so it may not mean anything.

Hm. I would probably just wait a few days and test again if you don't start your "."

Good luck, either way!

When you say "several minutes later" do you know how much time had passed since you first tested? I think they generally say that any results that show up after 10 minutes are invalid, so it may not mean anything.

Hm. I would probably just wait a few days and test again if you don't start your "."

Good luck, either way!

Now, back when I was taking them, ANY positive was positive. It just sometimes took the hormone a while to light it up.

Only about 5 minutes had passed so I don't think it could have been an evaporation line yet. What I found strange is that the line is horizontal instead of vertical like it should be.

If the line was horizontal instead of vertical, I could call it a bad test. My favorite tests are the cheapo ones from the dollar store, or the cheap little strips you can buy in bulk online.

Was this a blue dye test or a pink dye test? In my experience the blue dye tests are known for having a lot of errors and things that look like lines but really aren't. After some of the pictures I've seen from women who got blue "lines" and ended up not being pregnant, I'll always buy pink.

Friday will be day 28 of my cycle and I usually start my "." On time. I used one of those early tests this morning and got a strange result. It is the kind with two little window:s one to show the test is done and the other either has a single line if pg or is clear if not. I thought it was negative until I looked several minutes later. There is an extremely faint, but definite line in the test window, it is going the wrong direction from what is pictured. I wonder if the test was assembled wrong or if it is a fluke. Can't get to the store till tonight so I guess I will have to wait for another try until tomorrow morning.

It can depend upon how long after you tested the faint line showed up. some tests are also more sensitive than others. I'd wait a few days before testing again.