Menu

The Hunger Games Trailer

I am stalking the library waiting for my copy of the second book. it is due tomorrow people! You had better get it back on time! GRRRR!

I also cried a little at the trailer. I am the eldest kid in my family and I would have done what she did in a heartbeat for my sibs. That whole first part of the novel was extra painful for me to read.

I never thought I'd say this about a Hollywood film, but the stars look too well nourished.

That crossed my mind too, especially Katniss. It looks like it's going to be really good though, and at least from the preview, it looks like it'll be pretty close to the book.

Maybe that was deliberate in the beginning as a contrast to later in the film.

Possibly, but the book is pretty clear about the conditions in District 12 being just barely above subsistence and that almost no one has enough to eat, especially those who live in the Seam. It makes sense for her to look a bit healthier than most others since she's got the hunting thing going on, but even still she looks a bit more well-fed than I would have thought. I don't think I'd put an actress on a diet for that much, though, so it doesn't really bug me.:001_smile:

I tend to watch a movie in my head when I read a book. My internal movie was particularly developed for this book. I think I'll skip the Hollywood version and stick to my own;)

My 14 year old kept saying, "That's not what Katniss looks like." Although he liked the actress portraying Effie and Lennie Kravitz as Cinna.

It is creepily identical to my "internal video" in my head when I read the book.

I agree. I don't know if that is because the books were so well written or if it because the movie makers did such a good job. My only comment is that District 12 didn't look nearly as dirty as I pictured it but maybe they cleaned it up for the Reaping??

http://io9.com/5859347/everything-you-missed-in-the-hunger-games-trailer-40-awesome-images/gallery/1

This is a good dissection of the trailer. There's a readable map of Panem, which has already sparked a fair amount of debate in our house.

I was uncertain, but I think I'm really on board with the casting of Cinna. Now my big casting concern is Buttercup. :)

Let's see.... I teared up. :001_huh: I am such a sucker.

The version in my head is MUCH more grim. Claustrophobic and desolate at the same time. Bleak. Crammed to the gills, yet.... everyone being isolated for the obvious reasons.

All being taken into account, I don't think it would be right for the actors to become as physically wrung out as the characters are depicted in the book. So, yes, they have more meat on them, but.... totally cut them slack on that.

I read some comments and now I need to find the movie Battle Royale. It sounds great.

I have a feeling a few of my friends and I will be making a date at the movie theatre in March......

http://io9.com/5859347/everything-you-missed-in-the-hunger-games-trailer-40-awesome-images/gallery/1

This is a good dissection of the trailer. There's a readable map of Panem, which has already sparked a fair amount of debate in our house.

I was uncertain, but I think I'm really on board with the casting of Cinna. Now my big casting concern is Buttercup. :)

Oooh, thanks for posting the link - very interesting!

• 1 month later...