Menu

Comparative government class?

As I recently posted in another thread.

My daughter used Charles Hauss' Comparative Politics: Domestic Responses to Global Challenges (I've linked the most recent edition) for an out of the home AP Comparative Gov't and Politics class. Her class also read many articles from the Economist magazine to be informed of breaking news on the world front. For summer reading the instructor had them read Robert Kennedy's Thirteen Days: A Memoir of the Cuban Missile Crisis, Wild Swans by Jung Chang, and Untapped: The Scramble for Africa's Oil by John Ghazvinian.

Regards,

Kareni

My daughter used Charles Hauss' Comparative Politics: Domestic Responses to Global Challenges (I've linked the most recent edition) for an out of the home AP Comparative Gov't and Politics class. Her class also read many articles from the Economist magazine to be informed of breaking news on the world front. For summer reading the instructor had them read Robert Kennedy's Thirteen Days: A Memoir of the Cuban Missile Crisis, Wild Swans by Jung Chang, and Untapped: The Scramble for Africa's Oil by John Ghazvinian.

Regards,

Kareni

Can you direct me to the other thread that you are referring to?

Thanks,

Karen

Regards,

Kareni

Are there any other materials (online or a workbook) that go with the Comparative Politics book?

Thanks,

Karen

Are there any other materials (online or a workbook) that go with the [Hauss] Comparative Politics book?

There may well be, however, my daughter's instructor did not use any. If your oldest decides to take the AP exam, I'd recommend Ethel Wood's AP Comparative Government and Politics: A Study Guide, 3rd edition which my daughter found very useful in preparing for the exam.

Regards,

Kareni