Menu

So-what are you hoping to accomplish today?

sorting out what of the history curriculum i want to get thru before winter break, which will mostly mean deciding if I want to break "Russia/Prussia" in half over the break or just not start it before.

i was hoping it was going to be "speak kindly to the children all day" but Thing 1's whining has done me in already. dear boy USE THE BRAIN INSIDE YOUR HEAD.

.i was hoping it was going to be "speak kindly to the children all day" but Thing 1's whining has done me in already. dear boy USE THE BRAIN INSIDE YOUR HEAD.

That's what I hope for daily, but my almost 14 yr old dd daughter can be such a moaner about things she doesn't want to do...I am learning to deal with it better as I have an extremely small amount of patience when it comes to whining. I don't know why she continues as she just ends up getting more to do as she piles on the groaning until she stops...last nights dinner was a prime example. Asked her to get the pasta and sauce pots out and prepare them for spaghetti. She 'doesn't know where the pasta pan is, she doesn't know where the sauce is, she shouldn't have to make punch since she doesn't want the gross stuff (that she just finished drinking some a couple of weeks ago), she doesn't want to peel the bananas for banana bread, she is smashing them up (she was poking them with the fork), on and on and on...guess who is cooking dinner tonight too?! :D And might tomorrow as well if she complains :lol:

Today my goal is to work on some granny squares for sons Christmas present. Then work on some dishclothes that I'm making for our family Christmas gift swap next week.

I hardly slept last night and my mother and her partner will be visiting. My brother and his not-girlfriend are coming down to keep conversation going. Mum and her partner visited for two hours yesterday (from interstate) and I had to talk the whole time. I don't know how to keep conversation going for a whole week. If I can cook lunch, I think I'll be doing well. If I can stay awake I'll be doing well. If I can think at all, I'll be doing well.

Rosie

Get my school room organized.

I had most of it unpacked and just thrown up on shelves so it would be out of the way. Today was the day to get it organized and put away properly.

I got most of it done. I have a couple items I'm not sure where to put, a small box or two of miscellaneous items (a few pencils, rulers, calculators...stuff we needed for school after I packed everything else) that have to be put where they belong. Then there's just random mess to clean up. But the part that is done looks really clean, organized, and uncluttered. Yay!

I have picture books waiting for DH to put the rain gutters up. I'd put them up myself but the wall is the one between the house and garage and the stud finder isn't working on it.