Menu

Please help me think of ideas for PRIZES for the kids- Thanksgiving

We will have 17 kids over for Thanksgiving and my older children have several activities planned to keep them occupied while the adults linger around the table.

They are going to do a Turkey Shoot, Pet Rocks, treasure hunt, and a few other activities and they asked me to get "PRIZES."

The ages are generally 7 to 12 with a few outliers.:tongue_smilie:

I would prefer not to order from Oriental Trading Company for this particular event (shipping).

Thanks for your help. I hate to run around to stores without a clear idea of what I'm looking for.

~Jo

You know, I thought about giving a price range, but I decided against it. It isn't that I'm made of money, but this is my one formal dinner party that I give every year and I am willing to spend a little more for the gifts.

I'm not willing to have anything engraved...how's that for a limit. :lol:

We don't do children's birthday parties and this event is something my kids look forward to every year.

It is very white linen, china, crystal, and silver. Even the kids' tables have linens and glass (you'd be amazed at how mannerly 17 kids become when sitting at a nicely set table).

After the dinner, however, the kids do crafts and activities on the lanai and generally make themselves scarce so the adults can sit and laugh...and laugh...and laugh. They are a great group. :D

$5 gift cards? Popular paperback books? Inexpensive earrings or bracelets? Sneaker or backpack hang-ons? Silly putty? Cool flashlights or headband flashlights? Pokemon/Bakugan/Magic card packs? Travel-sized games or card games?

I bet if you search for the stocking stuffer threads you'll get lots of ideas for gizmos and doodads. If you'll have lots of girls, a stop at Claire's or Sweet & Sassy or someplace similar will get you lots of fancy things. (I'm not sure what the equivalent would be for boys though!)

Good luck. That sounds like so much fun for the kids!

You guys are my heroes!

:thumbup:

You have unstuck my frozen brain! I love the idea of cool flashlights (maybe even those headlamps for night crabbing).

School1777- we're in Hawaii which makes me happy to not need hand warmers, but sad because don't have Chick-Fil-A (thanks for rubbing it in). :lol:

Thank you so very, very much! I just read the ideas to the activity coordinator (15yo son) and he thinks it sounds great!

~Jo