Menu

I can't get comfy this year...

It's all about location and where all my teaching materials are. My computer, desk and our homeschooling area is in the Family Room (I also do bills here). When dd is working, I'm online usually :banghead: or doing laundry or cleaning up, but mostly online.

I need to have access to my computer for some files and schoolwork so can't just shut it off and rid myself of this horrible habit. I'm also getting sick of sitting at my desk all day, but it's where all my teaching stuff is housed, the "L" shape works great for laying out the TM's and for teaching to dd from the desk (hence the chain mentioned below). Daily needed items, books, TM's, writing stuff, timers, all of it "IS" my desk and housed in it.

But I feel chained to it. I know it sounds dumb, but it's like I can't remove myself from it. feel like I need to move it out of our schooling area (to rid myself of the horrible computer habit) and pay more attention to dd's work, but I don't know how to do that when my stuff is in it! Sort of like you know you need to quit eating, but just can't!

I want to be more 100% mindfully available. In fact I wouldn't mind learning about half this stuff myself. I only have one dd (11) but frankly, I don't know how to acquire the comfort level I'm looking for and having it be functional.

The incentive I need to get off my rear end and start doing everything I should be doing (with dd), not just being 1/2 there needs me to remove my computer and desk, which I can put in the back room, but, I have no idea how to do this. I'm worried about just ending up being back there instead, then she won't have not only my mind, but nor my body there.

Help? There's gotta be some neat trick, organizational item or incentive I'm missing. Any of it make sense?