Menu

I need to buy girls cotton tights and girls underwear. Any good deals/brands?

DD wears a size 5-6 girls. Walmart/Target brand panties seem so poorly made. We have a few children's place/gap panties that I love. I just looked at Hanna Andersson they look nice too. We love LL Bean tights, but ours are too small. I hate to shop for clothes online because the way the fabric feels is so important. Help me out please super shoppers:)

:bigear:

My dd needs new tights too. I was thinking of just getting leggings for her to wear under dresses and skirts this winter.

If you like the LL Bean ones, can you just order more in a bigger size? I've heard that the HA ones are wonderful and I've got that page open now too.

I'm so tired of her going through the tights after just a few wears! I thought maybe the tight leggings would last longer and be warmer.

My DD wears a 5 and lives in cotton blend tights all winter. She's CRAZY about the feel, as she has extreme SPD. Hers are from Land's End and Gap this year. They've all been washed numerous times, though I line-dry them. The only ones she refused to wear were the polka dot tights from Land's End. They're smooth on the outside, but the inside is covered with bumps from the "dots." :glare:

The Gap tights have a bear on the backside, which she loves, and for whatever reason, feels it necessary to show people. :001_huh:

We love Hanna unders and tights. Both are nice and thick and last forever. If you call the outlet, they usually have both for significantly less than the website/retail stores, and they will ship as long as they're not too busy.

:iagree:We've handed Hanna tights down through 4 girls! And their underwear is wonderful. I sew my little girls' undies, but made my pattern off of Hanna unders, as do many sewing mamas.

I've been pleased with the GAP tights that I purchased for my little girl before she was born. They are thick and sturdy. I have the solid color, cable knit, and sparkle tights. I didn't order the dot tights because I thought the texture might be funky on the inside (same as a PP mentioned with the Land's End tights).

Hanna tights are supposed to be good, too. I don't have any yet.

:bigear:

My dd needs new tights too. I was thinking of just getting leggings for her to wear under dresses and skirts this winter.

I saw a picture somewhere recently of a little girl in a skirt, with pink and purple striped leggings on underneath.

Made me pine for a daugther for a minute. :) For some reason, I just love the idea and look of leggings with skirts for little girls.

I vaguely remember having a matching skirt/leggings set as a girl, and it made me feel cute and funky at the same time. Maybe that's where my legging affinity comes from. :D

Now as a grown woman, the skirts I wear are really too long to need leggings. But I do enjoy wearing a cute pattererned knee sock, or some funky tights or something. :)

I know they are more expensive, but I used to buy all mine at Hanna Andersson. My ds had eczema and my youngest dd had the worse eczema so she could not tolerate anything that had cheap elastic legs. They are so well made, feel so soft, and last forever. I used to buy Gap and Garnet Hill and Hanna Andersson tights for the winter. I would buy them on sale the year before or my girls loved getting them as gifts. I have seen these tights go through two daughters and then still look new enough to hand them down to a friend's daughters that are still wearing them 9 years later! The trick with the tights is that I never dried them in the dryer - just hung them up with clothes pins. The ones with a wee bit of lycra last the best>

ReneeR

We love Hanna unders and tights. Both are nice and thick and last forever. If you call the outlet, they usually have both for significantly less than the website/retail stores, and they will ship as long as they're not too busy.

:iagree: I think Hanna has the best quality.

My girls are past the Gymboree size now (sigh). But, while shopping in Old Navy recently, I did see some cute, soft leggings.

When they were that size, I bought from Gymboree, GAP, and LLBean mostly. Sometimes Landsend. Their favorite undies were from Gymboree. And they lasted a very long time.

thank you ladies! I'm going to call the Hanna Andersson outlet:) That's a great idea! I'll also check at Old Navy/Justice. We have those here and I never go in there. I need tights that wear like pants! I can't afford to keep buying the cheap ones only to replace them.

Thanks again!