Menu

Our loyal, dependable Volvo Wagon has pretty much........................

given up the ghost.

I am eternally grateful for how reliable it has been, and it HAS been a work horse since we got rid of both hummers this past spring and went to ONE car -- the train station/airport car so we could save $, pay down debt, and get ready to move.

Well, here we are 8 mos later, house has not sold, I go pretty nuts every day driving everyone around (including DH), but he and I have been willing to do this b/c it has been such a savings.

Today we went out to order the de-boned turkey (which the butcher wouldn't do - he said he was too busy) and the volvo barely made it home. It is just bleeding out all over.....coolant, stuff, whatever. It smells like pancake syrup -- it did this once in the summer and we fixed it, but we are unlikely to do that again. It has close to 200K miles.

So dh and I are sitting here, playing dueling laptops I said, searching on carmax.

SHEESH! and also thank you, Lord, for letting the car last this long and going kaput when we were fairly close to home.

Edited by MariannNOVA

Did it cost much to fix it? It might be worth another shot unless you are truly ready to spend the $$ at this time for another.

We have a car that needs to be let go right now. It is going to cost about $1,000 to get up to par and it is only worth about $1,000 or maybe a tad more, not quite sure.

We don't *need* to replace it, but we started searching a bit too. Just can't pull that spending trigger!

Dawn

Did it cost much to fix it? It might be worth another shot unless you are truly ready to spend the $$ at this time for another.

We have a car that needs to be let go right now. It is going to cost about $1,000 to get up to par and it is only worth about $1,000 or maybe a tad more, not quite sure.

We don't *need* to replace it, but we started searching a bit too. Just can't pull that spending trigger!

Dawn

DH is on his way to have it looked at. I have to tell you: a week ago....I wasn't ready to pull the spending trigger, but today -- I am.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVFeeKTr3LhkkCZNJMbsNzvGPRn6NbXw4T2Aa2di_167DfcRrN6qDRhW0_

PS, Marianne--let me know what you guys decide to get, if a new car. I am completely clueless. I want a truck that is cute like a Mini and big like a sedan but small like my V70 and really really quiet with big wheels for driving in snow and rain and lots of luxury touches but that doesn't cost a lot.

I don't want much.

:0/

Patty Joanna: You don't want 'much' -- you just want it ALL!

We are looking at the following (with absolutely no clue what we will get as we really need to have something to drive by the end of the week)

(All Pre-Owned and Certified):

Hummer H2 (Have had one before and LOVED LOVED LOVED it)

Chevy Traverse

Cadillac SRX

I will probably go tomorrow and test drive the traverse and the srx. I guess I must be getting old -- my son is so excited about the possibility of getting another H2......I'm like: meh -- it's transportation.