Menu

Life of Fred

OrganicAnn

Life of Fred is a big hit for us (DD 7 doing Apples). She does other math facts as well. She loves stories and that is what gives her instant motivation hearing about Fred.

I wish there was similar programs in all areas - Grammar, Spelling, etc. If anyone knows programs that have some funny narrative that helps the kids learn I would be :bigear:

It says on the website each LOF book takes about a month to complete, there are 16 lessons per book I believe. I plan to take about twice that long, and hopefully reread the series to cement concepts for my younger three. Of course, I'm still waiting on my copy of Apples to arrive.

BTW, there are some free worksheets (made by a forum member) for Grammar Land, they are very well done.

Since this is a LOF thread, can I ask if anyone can tell me how Fred ended up at Kittens University? DS is only 6 and I can't wait until he gets to calculus to find out!

I don't know since we are on Apples. We did email the author with a question. My DD wanted to tell him that she could imagine Fred and Constance Contraire (from the Mysterious Benedict Society) being friends or getting married.

He was very nice and emailed back to say that Fred meets a girl later and talks to her father about marriage. That delighted my DD.

So if you get desperate for the answer, you might email him.