Menu

Trying to find Fudge recipe

When I was in college, a looooong time ago, my roommates and I made fudge for Christmas presents for friends. It is the recipe that uses evaporated milk, chocolate chips, and marshmallows. I can find a recipe for a smaller batch like that, but the one we made resulted in a HUGE batch, and multiplying a recipe sometimes doesn't work right with candy. It was great for making gifts. Can anyone help me with that recipe?

Thanks,

Mary

When I was in college, a looooong time ago, my roommates and I made fudge for Christmas presents for friends. It is the recipe that uses evaporated milk, chocolate chips, and marshmallows. I can find a recipe for a smaller batch like that, but the one we made resulted in a HUGE batch, and multiplying a recipe sometimes doesn't work right with candy. It was great for making gifts. Can anyone help me with that recipe?

Thanks,

Mary

I've tried so many fudge recipes and I remember something similar. I'll go try to hunt it down....

i don't have the recipe you are looking for, but there is a recipe that is on the jar of marshmallow fluff that you buy for making fudge that is yummy! HTH,

seema

This is the easiest recipe and one of my favorites!

2/3 cup evaporated milk

16 large (or 160 small) marshmallows

1 1/3 c. sugar

1/4 c. butter

1/4 t. salt

2 c. chocolate chips

1 t. vanilla

1 c. chopped nuts

Mix first five ingredients in saucepan, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Add vanilla and nuts. Pour into greased 8x8" pan.

Ok...I think I found it. It's called Five-Minute Fudge. It was in my grandmother's old McCall's cookbook.

1 can (6 oz.) evaporated mild, undiluted

1 2/3 cups sugar

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 cup chopped walnuts

1 1/2 cups diced marshmellows

1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate pieces

1 tsp vanilla extract

1. Grease 9x9 pan

2. In medium saucepan, combine evaporated milk with sugar and salt; bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, 5 minutes.

3. Remove from heat. Add remaining ingredients, stirring until marshmellows melt.

4. Pour into prepared pan; let cool.

Here is the recipe I grew up making.

Microwave Fudge

Make in a 3 qt bowl.

1 pound powdered sugar ( 4 1/2 cups)

1/4 cup milk

1 Tablespoon vanilla

1 cup microwave marshmallows

1/2 cup cocoa

1/2 cup butter

1/2 cup chopped nuts

Mix all ingredients together. Microwave 2 minutes. Stir until blended and marshmallows are all melted. Pour into a pan and chill an hour.

The best fudge I've ever had and grew up on is the recipe on the back of the Fluff container. You know, the white marshmallow stuff you put on peanut butter sandwiches. Yup, that stuff.

Peanut butter sandwiches??? :tongue_smilie:

Surely you meant graham crackers!

(If you've seen Airplane..."No, I didn't mean graham crackers, and stop calling me Shirley!" :D

And thank goodness the fluff is fat free since I ate an entire jar of it by myself last week! :001_huh:

I have what is supposedly the See's fudge recipe. I do not like marshmallow cream fudge. this is very easy and fills a 9x9 square pan a good inch deep. Not sure how many pounds that is. My 19yo son has been making it for a few years now.

4 1/2 C sugar

1 can evaporated milk

1/2 lb butter

stir continuously on med heat until 240F.

add

12 oz (2 cups) chocolate chips

1 tsp vanilla.

beat with rotary beater for three minutes (going over is more likely to make it grainy). I line my 9x9 with foil, then it can be easily removed for cutting up.

Peanut butter sandwiches??? :tongue_smilie:

Surely you meant graham crackers!

(If you've seen Airplane..."No, I didn't mean graham crackers, and stop calling me Shirley!" :D

And thank goodness the fluff is fat free since I ate an entire jar of it by myself last week! :001_huh:

I thought everyone ate it on peanut butter sandwiches????:001_huh:

Hmm, graham crackers. I'll have to try that! :tongue_smilie: